Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 246 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The National GT event 2013 is now live and RSVP is now available below. Rolling it on from initial tentative threads.
http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/gene...hen-i-pass-another-gt-cant-help-thinking.html
http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/uk-n...ol-and-beat-germans-gt-meet-april-2013-a.html

Thought it’s still worthwhile putting a meet together despite only a few guys showing an interest at this stage. Would ask those still interested to register by RSVP so we can all see at a glance who plans to come. The Germans have a yearly GT meet and it does attract a good few cars. Can we beat 70 GTs? Of course we can!!!…The link below has footage of the German event.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbR8ZEqgcWI

Looking at middle UK / Preston area I discovered a car club that regularly use the Ibis hotel / Phantom Winger grounds off the M55 / with plenty of parking as a meet point.

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?ie=UT...d=0CMoBEPwSMAA

(Phantom Winger does not open until 11am) so should not have an issue using car park to meet.
For those that would require accommodation Ibis hotels http://www.ibis.com/gb/hotel-3162-ibis-preston-north/index.shtml
have rooms on offer from £26.10 if booked 20 days in advance online ....82 rooms available. (zoom in on the (A) on the map). Rooms would have to be individually booked and its worth noting that they are non refundable in the event of cancellation. There is lots of alternative accommodation available in the area given Blackpool only 15 miles away.

Date Friday 19/04/13 meet up at Ibis Preston for those staying over at the hotel and folks coming for the day can join us Saturday around 9>9.30am for a drive through Blackpool ?????. There is a parking area at the North Promenade seafront Fleetwood that may be suitable for drive through end.

It’s been suggested that the drive through Blackpool may be the weak link in the idea and I realise it may not be everyone’s cup of tea driving along the seafront showing off our GTs. If anyone can suggest a better idea for a drive I am all ears … If we can attract more Gts it will be worth revising drive location.

As an option perhaps a drive up the A6 to Bilsbarrow (about 8 miles) stopping at the Lancaster canal at Guys Eating establishment & Owd Nells Tavern..?? Don’t know the area here but I am sure a couple of locals will know if this is a good spot to gather? …To be fair this may well be a better option as traffic issues may be presented going through Blackpool on a Saturday.

Anticipate around lunchtime breakup and drive home. Quite a trek for those down the bottom & up the top but think it would a good night/day, some folks might want to make a break out of it with location so close to Blackpool.

For those in the deep South that feel it’s a bit of a hike there is also a GT gathering in the planning. Please see http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/south...un-2013-a.html (GT Run 2013)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will update numbers regularly to keep post from slipping away into dead thread land ...Currently four confirmed GTs , more than confident we can get 20+...... ! Any ideas welcome to boost the numbers. Thought of posting links in each region but don't think it would be popular with the moderators. Any comments welcome as it will keep thread up there .....sounds like a job for regular posters (you know who you are ;) )

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Hey Markmbr39, I saw some nice shots of your bella and you did a great job. No pressure of course but would you like to be a volunteer to take a few photo shoots of the day. Or if there are any other fellow AO member that would be up for the job :thumbs:

·
Registered
876 Posts
Hey Markmbr39, I saw some nice shots of your bella and you did a great job. No pressure of course but would you like to be a volunteer to take a few photo shoots of the day. Or if there are any other fellow AO member that would be up for the job :thumbs:
Hi dtone.....

Glad you like the pics, however i actually paid for the photo shoot by a friend of mine.
I only wish i had the equipment and the right skills to snap pics.....

:thumbs:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Think I have convinced my son to come along ...has a nice Nikon and doing HND in photography , good opportunity for a photo shoot for his portfolio ....;)

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Hi dtone.....

Glad you like the pics, however i actually paid for the photo shoot by a friend of mine.
I only wish i had the equipment and the right skills to snap pics.....

:thumbs:
That's a shame but I thought I'll ask. I hope we might have someone that might volunteer for the job.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Think I have convinced my son to come along ...has a nice Nikon and doing HND in photography , good opportunity for a photo shoot for his portfolio ....;)
That would be great :thumbs:. As Bagpiper mentioned we need a backdrop for a group shot but sadly I'm not familiar with Blackpool or the surrounding area.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice one :thumbs:

If some people are arriving on Friday,what's the plan? I'm guessing people would be arriving on the evening.
I am planning to arrive around 4pm at the Ibis , think both sons tagging along now. Guess those staying at the Ibis will arrive a bit later. Some may opt to stay elsewhere and meet up Saturday morning . :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok ...a "small" technical glitch ....my oldest son has announced he is no longer attending as he is now planning a holiday instead .....This means we do not have designated photographer at the moment so it looks Bagpiper will need to swing the day off ....:) ...numbers still a bit low on RSVP but quietly confident ...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
876 Posts
Bump .....more GTs please :rolleyes:
Come on GT owners...this will be a great event to show off your pride & joy, meet and greet other GT owners and mull over their cars.....bit of banter...take some pics and possibly a vid.
Bring the whole family and make a weekend of it.:D

We need to set an example to the Germans and other coutries who have taken the time to group together and have a fun day out...

You know who you are..........get your names down in the RSVP section....

:lol::thumbs:

1 - 20 of 246 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.