Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the most beautiful emotion you felt driving your GTAs ?

I bought my GTA in January 2011. It was Sunday and there was still snow outside. I sat at the wheel and headed for the streets of the hill in order to begin to really know the car. At some point in the rearview mirror I see a guy driving in his bold Golf V GTI.

Great car but I knew that the most people who buy these german cars when they talk about " Race " they always think about the Highways. Hehe ..he made a fatal error desturbing me for 2 simple reasons :

- We were on Hills streets full of curves and these guys really don't know how drive on there. They need a long Highway to feel like Pilots ( who they're not ) !

- I'm an ex Subaru Impreza GT / STi owner and ....let me say : " Curves is my place " :lol: :lol:

Well , I just pushed the gas down ! He was trying to stay behind me but after 2 curves I was really really far away from him ! :cheese: This was the first beautiful emotion I felt on my GTA !

PS: We were the only 2 drivers on those streets, so it was of course nothing dangerous for any other driver !

Since I bought it , the GTA gave me many emotions and many of them thanks its wonderful Sound ! Everytime I make a little acceleration, everytime I drive so near the Bus stops ..all people look at me with shocked faces :cheese: :cheese:

I just love my GTA :inlove:

C'mon guys , tell me about your experiences :p :p

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
This sound a little gay!

G

·
0 Posts
I don't race on the roads and if I did I would lose because I am a rubbish driver. So never any emotions like that I am afraid. However, recently I have been seriously thinking about getting a 4C in the future since they announced the 300hp engine. But I just cleaned the GTA and went for a drive, and it is such a great car I really can't see myself getting rid of it. It's a really good looking car, classy but with presence, it;s very practical (I need at least a 2+2, not just a 2 seater) and it just sings when you want it to.

Driving it to Italy (twice now) has been the best experience I have had with the GTA. All the Italians seem to love the car, even though they all drive German execu-barges!

I have to say that driving the GTA round the Monza track is a pretty special experience. Until the wheels nearly fall off that is!

Cheers,

Nigel

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't race on the roads and if I did I would lose because I am a rubbish driver. So never any emotions like that I am afraid. However, recently I have been seriously thinking about getting a 4C in the future since they announced the 300hp engine. But I just cleaned the GTA and went for a drive, and it is such a great car I really can't see myself getting rid of it. It's a really good looking car, classy but with presence, it;s very practical (I need at least a 2+2, not just a 2 seater) and it just sings when you want it to.

Driving it to Italy (twice now) has been the best experience I have had with the GTA. All the Italians seem to love the car, even though they all drive German execu-barges!

I have to say that driving the GTA round the Monza track is a pretty special experience. Until the wheels nearly fall off that is!

Cheers,

Nigel

:) very nice ! Being a good driver or a rubbish driver as you say , trust me is not important :thumbs: The only thing that really matters is the emotions that your car gives to you ! But , I have to admin that when you try to reach the car's limits ..it's dangerous ok but ther's nothing better :D

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
He is not wrong though is he?.................. Lost in translation?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What can I say? Anyone driving a sport car tried to do something crazy and they would know wich kind of emotions I'm talking about. My friends, this is real passion for cars. Watching your car, learn to know it and consider it much more 'than just a car. In this there is nothing gay, there is only (excuse the expression) so much ignorance on the part of those who are not able to perceive all this things ! It is clear here is that maybe I am the only true fan.

I opened this discussion to share our most beautiful experiences with our GTAs and I do not think I offended anyone. Do I say right Mr. Jimbo? Your line was really low, I'm sorry for you! In what I wrote there was nothing Gay! There was only so much passion into their car and want to share it with other people who own the same car! If you and many others are not able to understand it, sorry ... but it's not a problem of mine !

From now on I guess I will share 'my passion with others who share this wonderful passion anywhere else! It's amazing how many people fall down as soon as someone trying to raise a little 'the level of the discussions! Really really sad!

At this point I think it's really pointless to continue to share something with people so '! I thank all those who responded to my questions and gave me great suggestions !

Goodbye and have fun with your future conversations .......................... that certainly will not be better then mine !

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Fabio, i think everyone who owns a Gta has emotion and passion for it. I love my Gta which is why I have two, most here will agree we drive these cars not because they are the fastest best handling cars, because we all know they are not and for alot less money that I have spent could be driving an bmw m car or Audi rs which let's be honest leave our Gtas for dust, but the way it makes us feel eveytime we drive them. No doubt the busso characteristics is a major part. So my answer to your question is eveytime I drive it :) especially through tunnels.

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
I'd say it is 85% down to the engine and sound, then 15% down to the style and rarity of the car... the admiring glances you get from other road users. :)

·
Registered
396 Posts
i'll happily admit i'm gay for my alfa. not a gta, but a facelift v6. Just yesterday as i washed it, i'm still grinning ear-to-ear. It's just got so much style and presence.

And then the engine. OMG. best sound. ever.

and look at it!

economics aside.... i'm driving my dream car. feels good! :)

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Every time I drive my GTA I'm nursing a semi!

The best emotion though? Probably getting a ******* in my GTA, doesn't happen very often! !
:cheese:

A

·
0 Posts
A turbo plastic one purpose jap crap enthusiast converted to GTA owner, saying the best emotions he got from owning his GTA is being faster than a Golf GTI and people admiring his car, calims he may very well be "the only true fan" and that he was "trying to raise a little 'the level of the discussions" ?
Seriously ?
Am I the only one taking this as an insult to the entire GTA community ?

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
A turbo plastic one purpose jap crap enthusiast converted to GTA owner, saying the best emotions he got from owning his GTA is being faster than a Golf GTI and people admiring his car, calims he may very well be "the only true fan" and that he was "trying to raise a little 'the level of the discussions" ?
Seriously ?
Am I the only one taking this as an insult to the entire GTA community ?
I would ignore it if it annoys you.

A

·
0 Posts
I tried, for quite some time, but it's strange that I'm the only one bothered.

G

·
0 Posts
I tried, for quite some time, but it's strange that I'm the only one bothered.
I'm not bothered. We all get different pleasures from our Alfas. I'm an Alfa nerd and like the connection with Alfa history, both through the design features of the 156 and the Busso V6 itself. Giuseppe Busso was a massive figure in Alfa's history, and it's a pleasure for me to drive a car with an engine that was initially created by him. That gives me a connection with the glory days of Alfa, even in my modern FWD sports saloon. That's something no Alfa since the GT can have anymore.

I'm sure there's a lot of people that find that a bit weird :)

Cheers,

Nigel

1 - 20 of 29 Posts