Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my Dad picked this up Wednesday just gone:

Obviously its a 2006 156sw TI but its also a q system v6.

It has a few issues which we'll be working on hence this thread.

Given the weather this weekend I thought we had decided to leave the cam belt till next weekend but I wanted to make sure I didn't need help removeing the crank pulley nut.

The nearside headlight - its got HID's, doesn't work so we had a look at that:

The bonnet catch needed un gumming too.

Turns out the ballast pack has failed, new one on order from fleabay, despite it being an OE HID light.

The drivers door check strap is broken so my Dad stripped the door apart to change that:

Then at around 3:30 'We' decided to change the cambelt:

Having looked at it, it may have been a wise decision, the belt is running right on the edge of the pulleys so the tensioner is probably on its way out.

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
Wow! How rare is that?! :cool:

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
X2 and in that colour looks epci, 2.5 I take it ya? Automatic ya?

·
Vendor
46,239 Posts
Wow, very rare, where did you get that one from? Definitely not an Alfa UK car, there was no white available and no V6 available in the facelift.. Does it go well? I take it that was the car's first belt change the?

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Love the car Chris. Perfect in every way! Which ballast you buy, ford mondeo?

·
AO Car Of The Year Winner 2015
3,202 Posts
Very nice and rare car. Looking great. Just the q system would put me off...

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow, very rare, where did you get that one from? Definitely not an Alfa UK car, there was no white available and no V6 available in the facelift.. Does it go well? I take it that was the car's first belt change the?
Its been in the UK since it was built but we think it was built for a foriegn market, Auz or Saudi perhaps.

It goes really well, I was having to work hard to keep up with my Dad on the way beck from collecting it.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Love the car Chris. Perfect in every way! Which ballast you buy, ford mondeo?

Dunno, my Dad sourced some genuine replacements from an ebay seller. Think he listed them for a VW and in the description said they fit Alfas amoungst other makes.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We pretty much finished the cam belt on sunday but my Dad's decided that everything shall be shiney before being refitted....

New water pump (metal impellor) fitted:

Suprisingly, the old water pump was showing no sign of failure -

New and old idlers - I'm still not convinced they need replacing, at 70k anyway. At 140k it may well be worth it...

Fitted...

As of Sunday...

As of today:

Yeah its still in bits as he's waiting for various parts to arrive, such as a ballast pack amounst other things.

No its not got tinted rear lights, just couldn't get the pic to work properly in photoshop.

Things left to do:

Refit the drivers door trim, fix the wobbly door mirror, and its in DIRE need of a deep polish!

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Will look epic when it's clean man. What kinda white is it?

·
AO Member, 166/164 Lounge Winner 09
820 Posts
Its been in the UK since it was built but we think it was built for a foriegn market, Auz or Saudi perhaps.

It goes really well, I was having to work hard to keep up with my Dad on the way beck from collecting it.
It wasn't for Australia, we only got TIs in 2.0 JTS

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
It needs a '1' on the back too. :p

·
Registered
17,798 Posts
Oh GOD chris, it's SO pretty :D
She's gonna be a corker when she's finished ;)

1 - 20 of 79 Posts