Alfa Romeo Forum banner

141 - 160 of 262 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi All

Sorry to drag up an old-ish thread but I think my question is on topic.
However I am not sure if my symptoms are the same as have been reported her.

I have had my Veloce for about 4 months and have only covered 3500. However my problems seemed to start after a long run of over 200 miles each way and a bit of running about while there.

The main thing I am not sure about are the exact symptoms as I am getting warnings on the dash first a main text warning and symbol saying that the stop start is not currently available. Then after a short time I also get the battery warning (red battery) showing. No message just the symbol. This then switches alternatively with the stop start warning symbol until i switch the engine off.

When i start the car again it seems ok until it gets fully warm. the it all starts again.

Is this related to what you guys had or do i have another fault.
Will be calling the dealer in the morning

Thanks
Ian

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Hi All

Sorry to drag up an old-ish thread but I think my question is on topic.
However I am not sure if my symptoms are the same as have been reported her.

I have had my Veloce for about 4 months and have only covered 3500. However my problems seemed to start after a long run of over 200 miles each way and a bit of running about while there.

The main thing I am not sure about are the exact symptoms as I am getting warnings on the dash first a main text warning and symbol saying that the stop start is not currently available. Then after a short time I also get the battery warning (red battery) showing. No message just the symbol. This then switches alternatively with the stop start warning symbol until i switch the engine off.

When i start the car again it seems ok until it gets fully warm. the it all starts again.

Is this related to what you guys had or do i have another fault.
Will be calling the dealer in the morning

Thanks
Ian
That seems different from what others have experienced.

Andy

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I had a problem last week, never had any S/S issues or CEL lights either. I don’t really do short journeys as my round trip is 50+miles.

I got S/S unavailable and a CEL Light car went into N mode (DNA not switchable) mid journey ... then read on Giulia US forums about the bonnet switch sensors causing random spurious problems.

https://www.giuliaforums.com/threads/stop-start-warning.10274/

Checked under my bonnet to find these inductive sensors to be clogged with wet leaves & pollen etc (I park under trees) cleared this away and reset via OBD all faults cleared and been ok since. As an electrician myself I thought “no chance” but I guess the unexpected readings could cause havoc with the cars system.

Code was P026E - Simple ODB app cleared the fault no problem.

For me it’s worth having an OBD dongle, as my dealer of choice is over 2hrs away and I wouldn’t consider any of the closer options.

Worth a look

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
92 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
I had a problem last week, never had any S/S issues or CEL lights either. I don’t really do short journeys as my round trip is 50+miles.

I got S/S unavailable and a CEL Light car went into N mode (DNA not switchable) mid journey ... then read on Giulia US forums about the bonnet switch sensors causing random spurious problems.
Checked under my bonnet to find these inductive sensors to be clogged with wet leaves & pollen etc (I park under trees) cleared this away and reset via OBD all faults cleared and been ok since. As an electrician myself I thought “no chance” but I guess the unexpected readings could cause havoc with the cars system.

For me it’s worth having an OBD dongle, as my dealer of choice is over 2hrs away and I wouldn’t consider any of the closer options.

Worth a look

I had the same problem and the car has been with the dealer for 2 weeks now. S/S not available and yellow engine fault light. N mode only.
Had a couple of calls from Milan saying they are still investigating...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thats interesting.

My current fault with the start stop seems to have corresponded with an electric water pump (so assume the charge cooler) running.
Never heard it before but its quite loud in the cabin. its also odd that it seems to pulse on and off some times and other times it runs all the time and even runs on a little after the engine is off.
Does all the sound normal?

May be a complete red herring but would this cause the stop start unavailable message and the battery light to come on. seems unlikely but who knows. :)

·
Registered
116 Posts

Where can we pick up an OBD Dongle?

·
Registered
1,394 Posts

Where can we pick up an OBD Dongle?

OBD app is Car Scanner Pro £3.99 to get rid of the Ads

I got a Vgate iCar wifi dongle, works perfectly and has auto shut off ...

Of course there’ll be someone along very soon to inform you about the additional security on OBD’s in later cars and needing to bypass etc etc etc, I’ll leave that to them.

But for those of us with older cars and outdated software, we have the luxury of investing and clearing faults without having to trouble the dealers too much, although I will be keeping a close eye on things should it return and mentioning it along with any other faults prior to the 2nd service

·
Registered
116 Posts
Thanks, I'll look at that
Thought I would need a dongle to plug into the car? - how does it connect?
Sorry to come across a bit thick - I AM from Yorkshire but consider myself computer literate ;)

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Thanks, I'll look at that

Thought I would need a dongle to plug into the car? - how does it connect?

Sorry to come across a bit thick - I AM from Yorkshire but consider myself computer literate ;)

Yeah the dongle stays plugged into the OBD port ... your phone will connect to dongles wifi then the app connects via that using the protocol specified in the app settings.

You only have to set that once and the app then connects each time you access it.

I have a paid version of Multiecuscan,
but on this occasion the phone method was more convenient for me to reset things

·
Registered
1,394 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sorry to dig up old thread, but is there a fix to the RHW and SS not working? Just purchased a 2yr old Giulia and have the problem. Car currently at the dealers now and only just read this thread.

·
Registered
19 Posts
It seems not. New battery for me last week. Kick up a fuss at the dealers and maybe they will raise the issue with alfa properly
Not much hope then, given that Mangolesi did not know about the new service plan options either!
I still have the option to return the car back to the dealer (Motorpoint) as I raised the fault virtually straight away and have had to wait a month for Alfa dealer appointment. This would be a shame as after a month with the fault, I still have a constant smile on my face every time I drive it.
Did the new battery work Cham222?

141 - 160 of 262 Posts