Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....& the reporting of their latest quest

Give it a rest :mad:

Of course the 'loss' of their lil un was a sorry tale (I am not heartless)

But how does suing for a million help anyone? :tut:

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I (sadly) just ignore it like all other getter press lead stories.

·
Registered
694 Posts
They fundamentally made a very bad decision, to leave their precious kids unattended, to go & have a few drinks & a meal with their mates, hoping it would all be alright.
They were very wrong, they're now paying the price & trying to blame everyone except the real guilty party.
IE themselves.
I'm sure a million quid or so will make them feel much better.
Matt.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
They fundamentally made a very bad decision, to leave their precious kids unattended, to go & have a few drinks & a meal with their mates, hoping it would all be alright.
They were very wrong, they're now paying the price & trying to blame everyone except the real guilty party.
IE themselves.

In a nutshell 100% correct.

I'm not sure they will get damages either as of yet it can't be proven either way.

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
I may get flamed for this, but I don't believe they did much wrong leaving their kids like that. I don't think they should be suing anybody though.

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
yep, consider yourself flame grilled :lol: that's only my opinion though. before i had my little girl, i would have agreed, but now, NO WAY would i do it. funny how perceptions change with circumstances.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I may get flamed for this, but I don't believe they did much wrong leaving their kids like that.
So, there's nothing wrong with leaving 3 young kids unattended, in a strange place whilst the parents go out on the lash? When you have kids, you have to be a parent & that means putting the kids first, before a pi** up with your mates.
Don't like it? Then don't have kids. Simple.
Its not just the thought that the kids would be abducted, but what about if one of them woke up after a nightmare/wanted to go to the loo etc etc. I'd imagine most villas/apartments have marble floors in Portugal. What if one of the kids went to the loo, slipped up & banged her head?
Its all very well saying " oh its OK, they've been swimming in the pool all day. Once they fall asleep, they'll be out all night long"
but at the end of the day, that's a gamble. And 9 out of 10 times, you'd possibly get away with it.
But this time its a gamble that went very wrong & the McCanns won't face up to the fact that they consciously chose that gamble & it was expressly THEIR DECISION that lead to this situation.
If they were a trailer-trash family, everyone would be slagging them off & calling Social Services in on them. But the McCanns are supposedly both intelligent people in responsible, well paid jobs (& mrs McCann ain't too ugly either!). They just made a very bad, selfish decision that backfired terribly.
Matt.

·
Registered
301 Posts
The whole thing drives me absolutely mad. It is of course very sad that an innocent little girl was taken in such circumstances but she is not the only missing person in the world!!!
The year that she disappeared, there was not a single day that her name was not mentioned at some point on the news, I found myself resenting picking up the paper in the morning, much in the same way as the Jade Goody scenario was thrust into everyones faces.
There comes a point where you can only give so much sympathy and care to something before you get thoroughly fed up of hearing about it, no matter how sad it may be!

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Dont they also have sole control over the huge fund that was donated by the general public with no restrictions on how they choose to spend it.

I feel very sorry for poor Madeleine and cant imagine how awful the moments before she meet her end were (i believe she is no longer with us :( ) but after all this time i wish her self pitying parents would just do one.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Agree with all thats been said. Losing a child must be an unimaginable feeling - BUT - I think from day 1 there has been a bad smell about this case. At best, these people were negligent is all I can say. Anything else doesn't bear thinking about. Will we ever know the truth?

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
i thought they had already made millions from the donations from the public to 'find' maddie

im sure their own book is on the way, they just want to stop someone else making money from it.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
S

If they were a trailer-trash family, everyone would be slagging them off & calling Social Services in on them. But the McCanns are supposedly both intelligent people in responsible, well paid jobs (& mrs McCann ain't too ugly either!). They just made a very bad, selfish decision that backfired terribly.
Matt.
Very good points :thumbs:

·
Registered
301 Posts
Im loving the fact that nobody here has actually stated that they are pleased that the story is back in the news and cannot wait until the next epic twist in the story.

Or is it just as I suspected, everybody is fed up with hearing about it now!!!

·
Registered
5,120 Posts
Lets just say that your daughter went missing, would you like to be accused and have someone saying you murdered them and hid the body?
Unless your a hard *******, would you want to be labelled with that when you know its not true?
Yes they got it wrong about their actions that night, but they've got to live with the truth, not some Detective who should either be looking for evidence against them if thats what he thinks or for the girl.
There are only a few people who know the truth, either the McCanns, or the Person/people who took her. Everything else is conjecture.
If the detective had written a fictional novel, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

·
Registered
5,120 Posts
Im loving the fact that nobody here has actually stated that they are pleased that the story is back in the news and cannot wait until the next epic twist in the story.

Or is it just as I suspected, everybody is fed up with hearing about it now!!!
No-one likes an unhappy ending perhaps therefore they don't want to contemplate the outcome?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.