Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Alfista,

You probably arrived here from the AO home page, this is because I announced recently that I am going to be running in the "Mascot Grand Nationa"l in a huge Owl suit which we have named as "Owlfa the Owl".

So why am I doing this?
There are many ways that, as Alfisti, we can celebrate 100 glorious years of technical brilliance, we could buy a new model, make that drive to Italy, perhaps even buy a premio membership to the AO club. ;) :thumbs:

I thought long and hard about this, what could I do to celebrate this milestone? How could I best represent my fellow drivers, to wipe that smirk off other marque’s drivers faces? Could I achieve all this and help others at the same time?

Countrymen, gather round, tell your friends and watch in awe, as an over weight, middle aged idiot, pulls on a giant Owl costume and attempts to run for his life as “Owlfa the owl” on October 3rd, 2010 at Huntingdon racecourse in the official Mascot Grand National.
(To be aired on Sky sports and covered throughout the national press)

That’s right, in aid of The Hawk Conservancy Trust, Andover, I will be battling against around 70 other mascots to win the coveted National.

So how can you help this courageous, valiant and frankly idiotic adventure?
Firstly, you could visit www.justgiving.com/owlman and give a couple of quid to such a great cause. Also, imagine the sight of a convoy of Alfa’s arriving in a show of strength at Huntingdon racecourse, engines roaring, paintwork shining, horns blasting, as we show the world that there’s more to a 100th birthday than a birthday card from a posh corgi lover.

Bring your cars, your family, your friends but above all….. bring cake (I’m a big bloke remember so need to keep up my winter weight!)

Thank you for listening and for your undoubted support. If you do want to be reminded nearer the time, please select an applicable RSVP option below.

Thebossman

·
Administrator
Tesla Model S
8,046 Posts
Looking forward to seeing you fall (only kidding of course :rolleyes:)
Shall we operate a sweepstake? :lol:

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks to Ian and the rest of the AO team for your help in supporting this madness.

As I said, would be great to have a national AO meet that day to watch me make an absolute fool of myself, whilst waving the Alfa flag!

And of course any donations, even £2 very gratefully received!

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
cant make it hun as we are having another brecon run that day but we will think of you...try not to fall over...:lol:

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Marko, the online sponsorship form (as mentioned above) is here

Why not an SC meet at the Trust before then ( I can arrange something special there) , then a national meet in Huntingdon on the day ?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ah sorry sir, laptop was just undergoing a system restore (bless Microsoft). I think earlier in the month is better for me than later, but let me know a couple of dates you are free.

Thanks again Mr Rep sir, I knew I'd joined the union for a reason!

·
Registered
78 Posts
I think this is fantastic, i'm only ******ed off because i dind't think of it first! Two of my favourite causes in one.
Please organise a meet at the HCT, i'm sure i wouldn't be the only one who'd show up.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Fraser. much appreciated.

At the moment, i think we're tentatively looking at a meet at the HCT on the 19th September, Senor Le Russo is currently working on this too, so the more the merrier.

BTW everyone, don't forget, all donations very gratefully received, even if only the price of 2 litres of fuel (you use that just turning the radio on on an alfa, right?!)

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sì il signore, è tutto va

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Come on people, will be a great day out and a great cause, would be great to see some more confirmed RSVP's (and some donations on the justgiving page too)

I'm making an utter fool of myself remember!!

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
brilliant hun.....made me smile on a dull dreary morning:cheese:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts