Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Yes, drill a small pilot hole through the hole you can see in the picture (metal latch bit) all the way through. You need to go all the way through so it goes through the inner skin.
Then open the glove box and where it has come through the inner skin make that hole a little bit bigger, not too much as you only need to be able to get a screwdriver / allen key with the attachment screw through.
This will then enable you to re- attach the chrome handle to the metal latch.
You will not notice the hole when you have finished and it will not be noticeable inside the glovebox either.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First thanks you.

I thought it can be done without drilling ...

is there any way I can remove the inner skin of the glovebox? Or remove whole mechanism, attach the lever and put it again? I sow some 5-6 screws when I opened the box, but i didn`t figure out a way how to remove the inner skin :/

Sorry but I wanted to use drilling as a last resort.

·
Registered
144 Posts
So did I, but chances are you may break stuff stripping out the glove box cover.
Honestly, it will not show when you sit in the car, and a small 5mm 'ish hole inside the cover isn't noticeable even when open as the liner is a flocky sort of finish.
If you can get the cover off, great.
Good luck but if all else fails this will work.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks.

I ll ask my mechanic (he has some experience in breaking Alfas) if he knows some trick. otherwise drilling is in da house :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts