Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving to Reading this morning and bang engine went.

No power, or rather serious stuttering, and a plume of smoke out of the exhaust

Have been told cylinder has gone so prob new engine

I cannot afford to get this sorted so the Lady has to go to the scrappy

BUT

Everything else works on her no issues all the electrics and every is fine if not even better

I live in Rugby in midlands so if any one wants it and can get it away on a low loader or trailer of somesort they can have her for 250 notes (pound)

This is a short time only offer as she is sat at a mates garage and if I do not pass her on we will be calling in the scrappy

BTW no DSP or Phone or SATNAV!

contact me on 07757121794

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know mate I love the 166 but I have put more than a grand into her this year to keep her going and to me to have to look at fixing the engine or replacing is just not financially viable.

if anyone is breaking a bad body good engine 166 they could make a good car with this great body bad engine one

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK folks I have until monday to either scrap the lady or pass her on so I will need to know fairly soon if anyone wants her.

Apologies I know it is a bad time of year

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
Scrap it and get the V6 you've always wanted.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
250 there are some one here in gallery i believe

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
****slips into Professor Farnsworth voice****
Good news friends

The Lady is not for turning an acquaintance is having her a a reduced amount and will sort the engine out from another car. Good to know she will continue on in another guise.

It does mean that I will no longer be an Alfa owner (BOO HISS I hear you cry) but I will stay on!

·
Registered
10,889 Posts
At least she'll live on a while longer...Great news...:evilrock:
Watt PDF says.

I am now in a real predicament re what way forrard.

Phils new tensioner fiasco has me back to better the devil you know....one wiper no working one fan no working in different motor but Lucy is oh so sweet.

Pomeo

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Pomeo this was my problem I had sorted everything out and she was running so smooth in every other matter, brakes, cooling electrics etc etc etc just could not sign off on teh work to get engine sorted

he already has engine to use and teh time and the expertise so he will get her sorted.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts