Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its 10:30 Saturday Morning and I just started the Koni shock Eibach spring upgrade. Piccies and storys later :)

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
May the force be with you :thumbs:

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Passenger side rear done, halfway through drivers side. Will need a new pair of rear droplinks. Aghhhhhh

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Passenger side rear done, halfway through drivers side. Will need a new pair of rear droplinks. Aghhhhhh
Doesn't the new Eibach roll-bar kit come with new drop-links? :p

All the best

Pub

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Haven't got the Eibach roll bar kit. Just springs. I really do want it though. Drivers side going back in now :)

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Don't over judge the fsd's and eibachs until you have fitted the anti roll bar kit! Good luck with the fitting.:thumbs:
Damien.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Finished the back pair about half four. It's alot lower now but I'm cursing not getting the anti roll bar. Both drop links were seized so I had to drill out the bolts to release the nuts. Ones held on with a screw and the other is held in place wit 2 Jubilee clips!!!! I wont be going far until thats sorted!

All in all I'm happy with my days work though.

Fronts tomorrow then I'll upload some piccies.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How much does this set up cost. I hear about it all the time on here and its makeing me awfully curious haha.
Koni's a got second hand, 13,000k on them £350 inc delivery to jersey.

Eibach springs £200 including re-powdercoating & delivery to jersey.

not sure how much the anti roll bar is gonna set me back just yet.

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
Finished the back pair about half four. It's alot lower now but I'm cursing not getting the anti roll bar. Both drop links were seized because I had to drill out the bolts to release the nuts. Ones held on with a screw and the other is held in place wit 2 Jubilee clips!!!! I wont be going far until thats sorted!

All in all I'm happy with my days work though.

Fronts tomorrow then I'll upload some piccies.
hope you copperslipped everything up mind :thumbs:

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hope you copperslipped everything up mind :thumbs:
Oh yes :)

My dad even decided to copper grease right through the living room carpet too just for good measure. He's hiding in the conservatory now dreading the return of his wife.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Koni's a got second hand, 13,000k on them £350 inc delivery to jersey.

Eibach springs £200 including re-powdercoating & delivery to jersey.

not sure how much the anti roll bar is gonna set me back just yet.
Just had a look online. The cheapest I can find the Eibach anti roll bar kit for is £276. This is for the front and rear bar and all bushes. They dont come with droplinks and these are £20 for front and back so looking at another £300 for the lot.

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
have you given fronts agood soaking with plus gas especially 10mm allen bolt and shock fork ,i used 10mm allen socket with an old torque wrench with a 6" g clamp to stop allen socket from twisting out when you crack it .......just a thought

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
Just had a look online. The cheapest I can find the Eibach anti roll bar kit for is £276. This is for the front and rear bar and all bushes. They dont come with droplinks and these are £20 for front and back so looking at another £300 for the lot.
if you go for it ...you have to use old front arb clamps

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hmmm a set of 3 OMP strut braces is another £150............ I hope santa has room in his enourmous sack this year :lol:

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
have you given fronts agood soaking with plus gas especially 10mm allen bolt and shock fork ,i used 10mm allen socket with an old torque wrench with a 6" g clamp to stop allen socket from twisting out when you crack it .......just a thought
No it was getting dark by the time I finished and i was pretty grumpy. I'm going out dead early in the morning so I'll do it before I come back in for breakfast. I assume your talking about the 10mm allen bold that clamps the shock fork?

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
No it was getting dark by the time I finished and i was pretty grumpy. I'm going out dead early in the morning so I'll do it before I come back in for breakfast. I assume your talking about the 10mm allen bold that clamps the shock fork?
yes:thumbs:

·
Vendor
46,639 Posts
Both rears in a day is good going mate. How did you find the long bottom bolt?

1 - 20 of 80 Posts