Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after only a good month and a half wait, my new g finally arrived home yesterday. An absolutely gorgeous red 1.4 MA Qv sportiva. I don't think I need to tell any of you how incredible the km i've done with her have been, so i though i would share a couple of things about her arrival which go to show why alfa is such a special company.
When i ordered her, the dealer said it would take about 2-2.5 months to arrive, a couple of weeks before he would contact me with the exact date. Two days ago I got a call from him saying that the g is with them, and if i wanted to come by and pick-up the papers to get registration and insurance out? After a couple of seconds trying to comprehend what he just said, all i could do was :D. What an incredible surprise, plus it made the whole wait a lot more bearable! Having everything sorted out, i went to pick her up yesterday, where along with nice floor mats and aluminium oil/gas cover, the dealer gave me a whole leg of prosciutto and two bottles of wine ("mandatory equipment" as he put it).
I don't know if its custom in others countries, but no one ive spoken to here has gotten any presents from their dealers (some got sime minor things) when buying a new "normally" priced car (i imagine if you by a ferrari, nice bmw, whatever, they pamper you as well). This may also not be the case with all alfa dealers, but those who are true alfisti and love the cars will go that extra mile to make their customers experience feel that bit more special.
Did I mention that she is :wow: gorgeous?

·
Registered
39,134 Posts
complimenti a voi !
No gifts from my dealer but I have had my red Giulietta for 23 months now and it still looks great . Earlier today an Audi driver visiting a neighbour could not hide the fact he was admiring the Alfa as he walked past it enviously.

·
Premium Member
3,507 Posts
Congratulations on your new bella vettura, :thumbs:

It sounds like you have one of those rare Alfa dealers there, who goes that extra mile (or kilometre in your case, :D) to make it an extra special occasion, :).

·
Registered
33 Posts
Congrats on the purchase, I'm sure you will be happy together. BTW we received a bottle of Alfa wine for the glove-box wine rack with our delivery too or as my wife puts it a $35,000 bottle of wine & a free car.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It sounds like you have one of those rare Alfa dealers there, who goes that extra mile (or kilometre in your case, :D) to make it an extra special occasion, :).
Yeah the guys are legendary in our parts when it comes to Alfas. Family business and owners of Alfas since the early 80s. They organize an Alfa meet here in slovenia every year (next one is a week from today!) where last year they entered the guiness book of wr for longest moving convoy of AR (over 520).

Congrats on the new car, but I have to point out that a 1.4 MA is not a Qv. ;)
WHAT, are you saying the dealer lied when he said sportiva was just the new badging for QV!?!?!?!?!
Sorry for the misunderstanding, the options package which i got is called QV sportiva in slovenia, I assume just sportiva in other countries?

·
Registered
126 Posts
the dealer gave me a whole leg of prosciutto and two bottles of wine ("mandatory equipment" as he put it).
Ooh, yes please. Beats half a tank of fuel any day! Enjoy the Giuly :thumbs:

·
Registered
131 Posts
complimenti a voi !
No gifts from my dealer but I have had my red Giulietta for 23 months now and it still looks great . Earlier today an Audi driver visiting a neighbour could not hide the fact he was admiring the Alfa as he walked past it enviously.
The Audi owner saw your car at thought, if only I had a pair of b---s.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
The Sportiva is not new badging for QV, sorry.

The QV is still the flagship with the 235bhp 1.75 engine and some other technical and specification differences to your 1.4 MA.

A sportiva MA is a beautiful car, but is not to be confused with the QV despite Alfa trying to clone the look.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I was sent a framed picture of my car which was nice and unexpected. Arrived about a week after I got the car and the dealer had said nothing about it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The Sportiva is not new badging for QV, sorry.
A sportiva MA is a beautiful car, but is not to be confused with the QV despite Alfa trying to clone the look.
I guess the sarcasm didn't quite come out in my previous post. But yes, i am aware that there is a difference between the two, which is why i mentioned that the options package is called QV sportiva.
Regarding the the second part of your post, i wouldn't say that alfa is trying to clone the look as the qv sportiva options (sideskirts, ?sill plate?, leather steering wheel) are already available in the velove package or can be added to it (brembo brakes, sports suspension, leather-microfiber seats, 18" rims). I would go the other way and say that alfa didn't do enough to differentiate the qv from the rest as apart from the stickers (and of course if you open the hood), it isn't significantly different from a giulietta veloce.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I guess the sarcasm didn't quite come out in my previous post. But yes, i am aware that there is a difference between the two, which is why i mentioned that the options package is called QV sportiva.
Regarding the the second part of your post, i wouldn't say that alfa is trying to clone the look as the qv sportiva options (sideskirts, ?sill plate?, leather steering wheel) are already available in the velove package or can be added to it (brembo brakes, sports suspension, leather-microfiber seats, 18" rims). I would go the other way and say that alfa didn't do enough to differentiate the qv from the rest as apart from the stickers (and of course if you open the hood), it isn't significantly different from a giulietta veloce.
It's a lovely motor, mate. Some people are too anal.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
We recently bought my wife a Punto 1.2...and the GQV now stands in all 280bhp glory in the garage.

I could only go 2 weeks without unleashing it! When you start it up in the garage the Supersprint turbo back burble is astounding! i let it warm up a bit and then take it for a drive, this is the ONLY new Alfa that makes one WANT to drive it!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Awesome service mate!
I picked up my new Sportiva (in Etna Black) last Friday and have to pop out the front door every half hour or so to look at it when I'm not driving!!
I didn't get a pig leg or bottle of wine, will have to do with the 6 pick of lager I have in the fridge :)

·
Registered
883 Posts
I reckon the service I received when collecting my new GQV was 2nd to none, I got bouquet with a bottle of champaign, huge amount of sourted biltong -(jerky), assortment of nuts, in a neat arrangement, and a full tank of 95. And ,and to top it all, to my surprise, just b4 finalising the sale they took care of our airplane ticket, just a nod over 2grand, how awesome is that from Fiat/Alfa , so unexpected eh, and he took his time explaining the operation of the G, and in detail re- blue n me, infact he paird them. but the best part was getting behind the wheel in da shiney red Giulietta with that new smell of assorted plastics and leather. lol. I felt like a million dollars driving out Automall EastLondon, oh yes and a discount was par for the course.

Now we bought the misses a new kia rio dtec a few months back with all the bells and whistles incl a sunroof, when we got to the dealership the salesman quickly explained the operation half heartedly and when the misses asked where's her bouquet, he said that he cant afford it as he doesnt get enough commission. WTFuuuuuuuu, they put R100 fuel in, wowwwee.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts