Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just been showing off my Mito to my friend for the first time. He was very impressed. I was showing him the DNA switch, the multifunction display, the blue and ME, the power and all of the other wonderful things the car provides me with. Unbelievably though he was curious about a small piece of plastic :cry:! He wanted to know what it was and I could give no honest answer. It's the little plastic "ball" like thing on top of the dash just below the windscreen between the to windscreen air vents. Looks like it's possibly for mounting something. It's pictured in the handbook but not labelled. I can't beolieve I've sussed all the tech stuff and been defeated by a small piece of plastic. We both desperately need answers and I'm guessing that somebody on here, (if not everybody apart from me), knows what this is. Can anybody solve this for me please as I will not sleep until this is resolved. Many thanks.

·
Registered
375 Posts
It might be for a rain detection system for auto wipers? But i have the same thing and have no idea what it is for. If it is for auto wipers they must have been an optional extra?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Just been showing off my Mito to my friend for the first time. He was very impressed. I was showing him the DNA switch, the multifunction display, the blue and ME, the power and all of the other wonderful things the car provides me with. Unbelievably though he was curious about a small piece of plastic :cry:! He wanted to know what it was and I could give no honest answer. It's the little plastic "ball" like thing on top of the dash just below the windscreen between the to windscreen air vents. Looks like it's possibly for mounting something. It's pictured in the handbook but not labelled. I can't beolieve I've sussed all the tech stuff and been defeated by a small piece of plastic. We both desperately need answers and I'm guessing that somebody on here, (if not everybody apart from me), knows what this is. Can anybody solve this for me please as I will not sleep until this is resolved. Many thanks.
Hahaha i know exactly what you are talking about and i found my answer in another thread. This one to be precise...

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-mito/189766-bump-on-dashboard.html

And the answer (from MacGeek) is...

"It's a solar sensor (well, actually, two of them, one for each side of the vehicle). The output is used by the climate control unit, to determine the level of solar radiation in the cabin, and adjust the air temp so that the occupants always feel the same temperature."

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good grief this is more tech then? I don't have climate control so it doesn't actually do anything on my car but I'm still impressed nonetheless. Many thanks for your help.

·
Banned
4,362 Posts
Good grief this is more tech then? I don't have climate control so it doesn't actually do anything on my car but I'm still impressed nonetheless. Many thanks for your help.
And if it helps to put you out of your misery... It don't work with CC either :lol:

·
Registered
139 Posts
You are all wrong ..... My Dealer tells me its a receiver for the key transponder .

Viz: it receives the signal from the key fob to open / close doors.

·
Registered
310 Posts
You are all wrong ..... My Dealer tells me its a receiver for the key transponder .

Viz: it receives the signal from the key fob to open / close doors.
This is from the thread that i referenced in my previous post, again from MacGeek...

No, it's not the antenna for the remote locking. Not in the MiTo, not in the Grande Punto. The antenna for the remote locking is located in the left A pillar. Again, that black knob is the solar sensor for the climate control.

Edit:

Here's the climate control component localization table. The solar sensor is component K090.
enormego. - A QuickShareIt Goodbye: 2006-2011

And here's the alarm component localization table. The antenna is component P093.
enormego. - A QuickShareIt Goodbye: 2006-2011
Seems his links have ran dry but yea, he posted the component localisation for proof.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts