Alfa Romeo Forum banner
41 - 59 of 59 Posts
I Think I'm going to do the Admiral multi-car as I need to put some miles in, although when it comes around next year getting hit for two premiums at the same time won't be good for the bank balance. (They add an extra 8.5% if you choose to pay PCM.)

Just got to get through the dreaded MOT first!
Admiral multi car was excellent for us for one year. Then the renewal came in at twice as much!!

See my previous post ...

I'm with Peter Best too. I know of them because I have an MG ZT260 which they will also cover. I'm a smidge older than you (ahem) but they did mine for £120 fully compfor 3k miles and £3k agreed value (which I think might be a bit low).

Mind you, I don't live in Manchester :thumbs:
I'm quite convinced my postcode is a problem. Still a Manchester code but where my Ex lives the cost of my old VW Passat was about 20% less at that address from the one I'm at now. I do believe Manchester postcodes (some obviously more than others) have a large weighting.

Discussion starter · #44 · (Edited)
Finally went with Admiral Multicar for £301. (+ wifes Berlingo for another £300.)
12k miles, <3k value, NBC protection, courtesy car etc with a fat £500 voluntary excess on a Brighton postcode.
After 3yrs off the road it's taking a trip to my mechanic for a once over next week. Fingers crossed for the MOT and I'll be out for the GTV run... (touchwood)...

Weirdly, if the policy was based on me adding the GTV to my wifes policy it came in at £370, but starting a new policy and transferring her car across the GTV was only £300 - figure that one out?

I also recall adding myself on her policy has brought it down in the past too.

It's a funny old game.

Discussion starter · #46 ·
Just been quoted £264 by swift cover on a rolling renewal. Who's good for insurance at the mo? - I'm low risk on everything apart from owning an Alfa! 37yrs, 10k miles pa, £1.5k value, windscreen, legal...

Think that's a pretty low quote to be honest don't think you'll do much better.
I stand to be corrected . Think the average is about £300-350just noticed that post is from last year :)
Your quote south coast is the one I meant.
I'm in hove where are you .

£270 fully comp with Privilege for me and the missus. Tonnes of NCB but on street parking and unlimited mileage. Our Fabia VRS is a little more with Admiral.

Ive been with Adrian Flux for two years without issues, they were one of the only companys that would insure my RX8 with the modifications it has, and will cover mods on like for like.

They are not the cheapest, i pay £930, and im 30 with 2 years ncb.

The MiTo is on my dads policy for the time being, as he tends to use it more at the moment.

im hoping that it comes down when renewal time comes, as £90 a month is a real stinger, and now tax is £154 for 6 months on my rex, and £120 for the mito, plus petrol, its becoming a real wallet drainer.

Discussion starter · #50 ·
Think that's a pretty low quote to be honest don't think you'll do much better.
I stand to be corrected . Think the average is about £300-350just noticed that post is from last year :)
Your quote south coast is the one I meant.
I'm in hove where are you .
Hey, I've been quoted as low as £224 elsewhere for a bare bones policy... no doubt that will go up a bit once you try to actually buy it!

I'm in Shoreham (work in Brighton so you might see me about). Are you Goodwooding this weekend - it's Italian Sunday?

Discussion starter · #52 ·
£270 fully comp with Privilege for me and the missus. Tonnes of NCB but on street parking and unlimited mileage. Our Fabia VRS is a little more with Admiral.
thanks- I'm looking at around 10k - so i'll check them out.

Ive been with Adrian Flux for two years without issues, they were one of the only companys that would insure my RX8 with the modifications it has, and will cover mods on like for like.

They are not the cheapest, i pay £930, and im 30 with 2 years ncb.

The MiTo is on my dads policy for the time being, as he tends to use it more at the moment.

im hoping that it comes down when renewal time comes, as £90 a month is a real stinger, and now tax is £154 for 6 months on my rex, and £120 for the mito, plus petrol, its becoming a real wallet drainer.
Phew that's hefty. It took me ages to get mine down - I basically got older. When I was the right side of 30 I used to toggle between Adrian Flux and Chris Knott, as they'd be the only reasonable insurers. Now my market's opened up a little, but it still hurts.

We will all be different. One insurer will want to charge me thousands and you hundreds and visa versa. Recommendations are like ****ing in the wind. You just have to spend a day trawling through the lot until someone gives you a decent quote.

From PG's Little Book of Wisdom

Used to drive through everyday to work in lancing did you have a Zoe 145 or is that someone else.
Currently off the road at the mo but got a black 164 you may have seen had her 10 years ! Should be back on the road next week all being well
So what am I looking for.

Just a word or warning, in some cases you get what you pay for. The policy forms from companies like Elephant are actually narrower wordings (iE less coverage) than the likes of their parent company Admiral.... Just check what you are buying first as it may save you a lot of money in the future. I sound like my Dad.......

Discussion starter · #59 ·
Used to drive through everyday to work in lancing did you have a Zoe 145 or is that someone else.
Currently off the road at the mo but got a black 164 you may have seen had her 10 years ! Should be back on the road next week all being well
So what am I looking for.
Nope, I'm in a silver p2 gtv. (There's also a silver spider who's often in the morning commute.) She was parked up for a few years, but nice to have her back.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.