Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Inaugral "Alfabook" meet in collaboration with "The Italian Masters"

In collaboration with the "Italian Masters Car Show" I am proud to announce our very first "Alfabook" meet. Please find below the link to the website for the event. From the website link below you can purchase tickets , book trader space and get more venue information.

Alfabook as some may be aware was created on Facebook in early summer 2014 and the core membership of the group are "alfaowner" members. With almost 1000 members already it has become a very popular and active group.

Not everybody however is a fan of Facebook so here is your opportunity to join is for our first meet taking place in Stafford June 14th 2015.

Trade and media enquiries more than welcome.

Link to Alfabook on Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/groups/662842377131234/

The Italian Masters event website link : http://italianmasters.eventpages.org/

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Now 100 + .......If anyone wishes to list an event in Alfabook that do not use Facebook please send me a PM.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Please remember the majority of folks coming along are AO members , absolutely everyone is more than welcome ....you do not have to be a member of Alfabook to join us ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looking to attract as many folks as possible to this event. The majority of Alfabook members are alfaowner.com members so you will have a chance to meet some of the folks that may have assisted you in this world class forum. Lets make this a day to remember. As a reminder you do not have to be a member of Alfabook to attend this event. Cheers everyone......Stuart

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Tickets and hotel booked :). Looking forward to it :thumbup:!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Will be buying the tickets at the end of the month for this

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well it looks like the weather is going to be outstanding with a heatwave finally muscling its way in ....not to late to join us ...loads of space left on the airfield ....;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This coming Sunday. As a reminder the majority of members in Alfabook are AO members. You do not have to be a member of Alfabook to participate. Everbody is more than welcome. See you Sunday :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Great turnout yesterday , tried to get round to say hello to everyone but failed miserably. Thanks to those in AO that came along .....will get round to posting up an image thread , in the meantime there is hundreds on Alfabook ....:)

·
Registered
400 Posts
Where are the pictures ???

Only pictures I have found on the net so far are of a wet and empty airfield with people setting things up

Just wondering how many and what turned up

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hoping to get a non facebook link soon that will have loads of pictures. In the meantime here is a link that was put up by the professional photographer that was there on the day CDHPIX Photography | Italian Masters 14-06-2015. They are watermarked but good to see all the same. I will create a link for my own photo's via photobucket. Sadly I got no where near what I wanted as I was too busy talking to the point that I almost lost my voice. Was very pleased with the turnout but I not have exact number . We had over 100 Alfa's I know that much from the show car ticket sales. There were loads in the general car park as well. Sadly the weather would have been a factor as it always is , was rather grey but the rain did stay off.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Nice pics but I don't think it was the weather that limited numbers.

Spring Alfa Day attracted over 500 cars on a dire day weatherwise but it had a huge drawcard, Duxford, having a decent drawcard / venue pulls in the punters.

Maybe next year a better venue and not having it a week before another huge event NAD may yield better attendances

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
Nice pics but I don't think it was the weather that limited numbers.

Spring Alfa Day attracted over 500 cars on a dire day weatherwise but it had a huge drawcard, Duxford, having a decent drawcard / venue pulls in the punters.

Maybe next year a better venue and not having it a week before another huge event NAD may yield better attendances
I would agree that the venue was a bit bleak; but Alfabook is a fledgling group without the financial 'clout' of a well established car club and bearing in mind that entry was free of charge I would say that ''it was fine and dandy day''. I met and chatted to a lot of new people and really enjoyed myself. Well done to the team that organised it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts