Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Now I know this probably shouldn't be posted in this section (probably something for the "Way off Topic" section............

But i read it on BBC news and just had to share it.........

As you probably all know the Honourable member for Sleaford and North Hykeham has repaid the two grand he claimed on the "exes" for clearing his moat....

.......... Now, he still insists he never actually claimed it (but paid it back anyway.......... and in a statement he said:

..........he had not claimed the money but agreed it had not been "positively excluded" from paperwork submitted to the Commons fees office.

"positively excluded" ?????

.......... Priceless !!!!

Cheers to All
Peter

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Was that dude an accountant before he became an MP?

Bet they were all acountants :rant: our Freemasons or Illuminati or summat :p

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
........... Sounds like he's got all the attributes to become an Estate Agent or a Used Car Salesman after the next election.........

Cheers to All
Peter

·
Registered
7,453 Posts
Was that dude an accountant before he became an MP?

Bet they were all acountants :rant: our Freemasons or Illuminati or summat :p
Not sure why you should think Douglas Hogg should be an accountant, or if he were, why he shouldn't be now, as all sitting MPs may continue their professions for enormous gain, as long as all interests are declared. And accountants haven't caused the current mess anyway, their just clearing up all the crap from the dodgy Bankers!

In any case, let's make his status quite clear: Douglas Martin Hogg, PC, QC, MP, 3rd Viscount Hailsham, Eton College and Christ Church Oxford, senior Barrister and Queen's Council, Hereditary Viscount in the Peerage of the United Kingdom, and above, expert in clearing moats at the public expense!

·
Registered
7,453 Posts
Ah so he's Quentin Hoggs son is he ???
Yes he is. Quentin renounced the 2nd Viscountcy when he entered Parliament, when his son Douglas inherited he didn't have to renounce the title as all Hereditaries may now sit in the Commons if not elected to be Representative Peers in the Lords.

Another fine example is Michael Ancram, another Tory grandee with a taste for Parliamentary expenses, who is also the The Most Honourable the 13th Marquess of Lothian and Earl of Ancram, who owns most of SW Scotland, and whose wealth runs into hundreds of millions of pounds.

They are not called 'Grandees' for nothing:lol:

R

·
0 Posts
Sadly he is our local MP and he actually has a ditch!!:cheese: Tories call them moats!!

·
Registered
7,453 Posts
Yes but it's when they put duck houses in the middle of their ponds to make sure they're all snug and cosy and charge it to us that I think we may still be living in the nineteenth century:lol:

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sadly he is our local MP and he actually has a ditch!!:cheese: Tories call them moats!!
"Moat" looks better on the expenses form ............. He'd never have gotten away with .......... "Can I have a couple of grand to clear out the ditch at the bottom of my garden please ????" ............. Those blokes in the fee office would have thought he was taking the p*ss .......

Cheers to All
Peter

·
Registered
73 Posts
May I remind people that "snouts in the trough" extended across the whole spectrum of political parties.
Speaker Michael Martin, apart from questions about his own expenses, has (reportedly) resigned rather than face a no confidence vote so that he can retain a £93,000 Speaker's pension on TOP of his MP's pension!
Can I get a job there for a few years?

·
Registered
7,453 Posts
Yes the entire Palace of Westminster, both Lords and Commons, is totally corrupt and totally undemocratic. A medieval fossil frozen into the 21st Century. Both extremely damaging to our country and very very sad.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes the entire Palace of Westminster, both Lords and Commons, is totally corrupt and totally undemocratic. A medieval fossil frozen into the 21st Century. Both extremely damaging to our country and very very sad.
............... Those jokers have absolutely forgotten that they should be there to look after our interests and not their own .............. While they are all posturing, covering their sorry ar*es and backstabbing each other.................... That Lumley woman slipped in and persuades old Gordon has managed to give a bit more of our country away today ............

............. Guy Fawkes where are you in our hour of need ?????

Cheers to All
Peter

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
"Moat" looks better on the expenses form ............. He'd never have gotten away with .......... "Can I have a couple of grand to clear out the ditch at the bottom of my garden please ????" ............. Those blokes in the fee office would have thought he was taking the p*ss .......

Cheers to All
Peter
He was taking the p***:rant:

·
Registered
73 Posts
............... Those jokers have absolutely forgotten that they should be there to look after our interests and not their own .............. While they are all posturing, covering their sorry ar*es and backstabbing each other.................... That Lumley woman slipped in and persuades old Gordon has managed to give a bit more of our country away today ............

............. Guy Fawkes where are you in our hour of need ?????

Cheers to All
Peter
The Gurkhas are a lot worthier cause than all the illegal immigrants living at our expense 'cos the forign office (or whatever fancy name they use now) can't be a***d to deport them!

I am now withdrawing from this thread.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I visited Conservative party HQ today to do some work on displays we fitted there. Sat in the open plan office next to the press officer they were going through their own MP's expenses trying to identify the time bombs. Then to-ing and fro-ing getting the MP's story on it item by item (" So Jim why were there TWO ironing tables on the receipt?). Then fielding journalists calls querying specifics and trying to give a view.

Fascinating stuff, quite funny really. Was a bit like being 'in the thick of it' in an Armando Ianucci political comedy .

·
Registered
833 Posts
Well said. Whilst I don't condone cleaning moats or funding duck sheds its small beer compared to the CGT merchants such as Blears, Hoon and company!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts