Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
37,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, here is the score. I have the wagon, for 'practicality' and outright GTA insanity, and Mrs Pat has the Spider, which is the weekend away and 'topless action' weapon of choice. However, as you will appreciate, Alfas are like Jaffa Cakes or chocolate biscuits - you can't stop at one or two.

Ignoring for the moment such minor irritations as the fact that Mrs Pat would, in all probability, kill me if I got another one, and that the budget is somewhere between very slim and non-existant, what would you get to complete the Trinity and why?

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,710 Posts
147 TS 1,600cc; daily runner, good on petrol, does every job you need it to, and leaves the GTA and the Spider for high days. Job done :)

K

·
0 Posts
GTV6 because just look at one!

Or a 155 because 155s are cool.

Or a 166 because they are cool too.

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,710 Posts
i'm liking the Giulia! good find SIF :)

·
Registered
683 Posts
A nice GTV, for the looks alone if nothing else.

Nicely fits the non existent budget too... I saw a totally mint R plate twinny with tan moo for less than a grand a month ago.

If I had the garage space and nobody to kill me...

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Not wishing to be pedantic ... but isn't the "trinity" out of 3 parts? and as such you already have 3 alfa's ... so how do you "complete" what is already "complete" :confused:

·
Registered
37,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
147 TS 1,600cc; daily runner, good on petrol, does every job you need it to, and leaves the GTA and the Spider for high days. Job done :)
Hmmmm

GTV6 because just look at one!

Or a 155 because 155s are cool.

Or a 166 because they are cool too.
GTV too close to the Spider, 155 however...

166 probably too big

how much spendy?
As cup57 noted ...

Nicely fits the non existent budget too...
I could be tempted to spend a few quid though..

If I had the garage space and nobody to kill me...
Tell me about it :rolleyes:

or a 145 QV, I had 1 for a day and it was lots of fun :D
Hmmmm....

Not wishing to be pedantic ... but isn't the "trinity" out of 3 parts? and as such you already have 3 alfa's ... so how do you "complete" what is already "complete" :confused:
Only got two mate ;) the SW GTA and the Spider, hence the itch

Herself had a right old whinge when I dared to broach the subject. :rolleyes:

What I think I want is something that compliments the other two, possibly a classic/borderline like the Sprint SiF found, but a runner. Or, like the lads said, a 145/7 that is cheaper to run around in.

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Only got two mate ;) the SW GTA and the Spider, hence the itch

Herself had a right old whinge when I dared to broach the subject. :rolleyes:

What I think I want is something that compliments the other two, possibly a classic/borderline like the Sprint SiF found, but a runner. Or, like the lads said, a 145/7 that is cheaper to run around in.

Ahh sorry thought you had a Wagon AND a GTA ... well it looks like to me that you're missing a Diesel ... get yourself a nice GT 1.9 JTDm :thumbs:

G

·
0 Posts
I would like to have an immaculate late model GTV6 Coupe as a stablemate for my GTA. :)
I plan on getting a nice 105 coupe to keep the GTA company at some point. But seriously, a GTV 2.0 TS or 156 2.0 TS depending if you want 2 or 4 doors. Both cheap as chips and really nice cars.

Cheers,

Nigel

·
Registered
843 Posts
If you had only 1 feedback and it was negative wouldn't most sensible people create a new account? 0 feedback is better than -1.

You need some sort of boxer engined car or a Giulia.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts