Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
57,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have Toby over the weekend :D

I thought he's old enough for Scalextric, so up the stairs we went with the promises of racing cars from poom pah :D

His eyes lit up when I opened the wardrobe door with the big box of racing cars laying there
we took the box down stairs and set up the track just a nice simple oval :)

He figured it out that if he pressed the trigger the car goes "FAST Poom pah" :eek:

Now I've figured it out, it's a start set that you can limit on the trigger and I've had it set on big boy trigger

So I tell Toby we have to fix the car and I hop off and fetch a screwdriver and adjust the trigger control

Toby says "Poom pah I fix wheels"

I'm :confused:

So I hand him the screwdriver and he pokes the wheels of the Lambo.

"Fixed Poom pah"

I put the Lambo back on the track with the limited trigger Toby set it going
One lap, two laps, then Toby falls over :eek:

He's so excited it stayed on the track he's been turning in circles in the middle of the oval
and tangled himself in the wire off the controller :cheese:

A golden moment he laughed we cuddled, he's sleeping and dreaming of racing cars :D

More racing cars tomorrow :D

Wait till he see's the helicopters :lol:

Toby is only just over 2 years old, so I'm really proud of him :D :D :D

·
Banned
57,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awwww, that's a lovely story :)
I told you it was a nice story ;)

Bless 'im :lol:
It got better Gaz, we packed up the Scalextric and had to go out an buy some groceries :rolleyes:
First time he'd had his kiddy seat in Stingray up front facing forward with the SV open :D

First thing he did when I strapped him in was grab the gear stick and give it a side to side wriggle :eek:

on the 10 minute ride to Morrisons every time I take bend I say "turning the corner"

Buy the time we headed home every time I truned the wheel he said "CORNER CORNER" :lol:

So that means you really are a Happy Man - that's how easy
and simple sometimes life gets:thumbs:
Simples Quinster, and he's here for another two days I'm a very Happy Man :thumbs:

·
Banned
57,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
True petrolhead in the making there matey :D
I think he is Gaz, one of the first words in his vocabulary was "WHEELS" :lol:

HM! Stop! I want to buy one!

:)
Nev, Toby is not for sale :tut:

If you need company to play Scalextrics hire a local urchin for the day :D

·
Registered
17,564 Posts
:whispers: I bought the Scalextric for me :cry: :lol:
That's what I did last Xmas (my old one no longer worked). I never came off it. This year have my eye on a remote control Ferrari.

My kids are car mad (they take after their Mama, especially my daughter Morgan..she's always drawing them). They have been to Silverstone etc.

Oh, and Toby has good taste re the Lambo :)

K

·
0 Posts
Happy days for Happy Man.:thumbs:

We should have an AONW Scelextric meet (assuming I can find some cars that work).

M

·
0 Posts
Very touching HM:).....even to myself and I'm not a fan of 'little 'uns'.

.....I may put my track up tomorrow:cool:

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,743 Posts
that's a great story :) any excuse to get Scalextric out is a good one!

Before my niece celebrated her first birthday, my sister glared at me when I asked her whether she thought Scalextric was an appropriate gift for a one year old. "So. That's a no then." :)

·
Registered
12,881 Posts

·
Banned
57,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Guess what I've spent most of the day doing :lol:

The normal track isn't good enough now, he wanted "tunnels tunnels" today :rolleyes:

A couple of boxes did the trick :D

M

·
0 Posts
Guess what I've spent most of the day doing :lol:

The normal track isn't good enough now, he wanted "tunnels tunnels" today :rolleyes:

A couple of boxes did the trick :D
Boys.....Scalextric...= a perfect life:D........give him a few years and add a fine malt to the equation:thumbs:

·
Banned
57,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
He did a little dance today, when he woke up shouting "Racing cars, Racing cars" :D

Wandered into our bedroom this morning saw all the car magazines on the bed side table
pointed and said "OOooh Poompah racing cars" :D :D :D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts