Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whenever I arrive at a car park I always do my best seek out a space that is not beside another car. I'm fed up with they way most idiots don't care a jot about opening their doors on my pride and joy and so on (not mentioning the time my poor GTV was smashed into a hedge between rows by someone who backed into me at full revs in an auto Granada). If the car park is well lit and so on I will park as far away from anyone else as I possibly can. (My wife really likes it when I do this :D)

So why is it when I get back to the car at least one other person has always, always decided to park as close as possible to me when there are still countless empty spaces all around???? WHY???

I've even had it that some chump parked so close to me I had to get in though the passenger door and scramble across to the driver's side. (I did leave a "cheery" note under that @*%±'s wiper...)

It's not even a British phenomenon - I go to Italy quite a lot (my wife is Italian) and when I was out one time last autumn we went to an out of town restaurant to book up a family event, quite early, long before feeding time. Huge car park with about half a dozen cars snuggled up on one side (staff cars as no customers in sight), so I naturally park on the opposite side. So, when we come out....you've guessed it....some moron was parked about 2 inches from me!!! :wow:

I imagine that I'm not alone in being driven crazy by this....??

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
You are not alone.

Remember that TV ad for insurance where the dude parks his car waaaay out on its own and then a piece of space debris lands on it?

I share his pain.

B

·
0 Posts
Funny website - and I learned some new swear words!! Must try them out at work today...............

·
Registered
37,735 Posts
I had one of these the other day.

I was the only car in the car park, and some numpty in a Golf parks so close that I couldn't open the door to get my daughter in. :rant:

·
Registered
108 Posts
I know this thread is a few days old but I just had to add to it. I always try and park further away with a lot of empty spaces around me and usually return to my car to find someone has decided to park next to me, very annoying. A few weeks before christmas I saw the worst example of this idiotic parking I have ever seen. I arrived at meadowhall and parked in my usual style. Getting out my car I can't help but notice a lone bentley continental gt parked on the boundary of the car park surrounded by a sea of 40+ empty spaces. We do a bit of shopping then return to see the 40+ empty spaces being filled with 3 new arrivals. Where do they park? You guessed it, the bentley is now parked in the middle of a row of 4 cars, surrounded by a sea of empty spaces.

What is wrong with these people? I've been dieing for someone to park up next to me as I'm returning to my car to ask them what is going through their mind as they decide out of all the empty spaces they want the one next to my car.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
There is probably a PhD in psychology for whoever answers this one.

Any takers?

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
It is strange because it seems most of us here look for a space with no one around. I remember hearing/reading somewhere that you should park amongst other cars. That way you can get the distance between set for best exit entry for yourself and the cars either side. It still fails because if your neighbours get back before you another car will park right on your doors :lol:

Still, could be why some people do that :confused:

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
same thing happens when you go into an empty cinema. next muppet to walk in is guaranteed to sit next to or right in front of you :mad:
Try smiling and rubbing your crotch.

Also works on buses and trains. :thumbs:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts