Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok friends, we have heard all over the news that the car companies in the United States and in other parts of the world are going broke or downsizing big time and cutting back on their work force. What is Alfa Romeos current situation and what is their outlook for the near future? Are they in big trouble to?

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
I hope not! Some of the parts for my GTA are hard enough to get hold of as it is :lol:

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Sales of new cars in the UK fell in November by 36.8% on the previous year, to 100,333 vehicles, the biggest monthly drop in 28 years

The sales drop was bigger for the luxury brands - showing that the recent rises in petrol prices were also influencing buyers.

Sales at Lotus were down 73%, Mitsubishi was down 70%, Alfa Romeo fell 68%, and Land Rover and Renault both fell 64%.
BBC NEWS | Business | New car sales fall by one-third

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Vazboy - everyone is in trouble

pretty much every car company is doing an extended shut-down of their factories over Christmas/New Year

some companies are laying off staff, either production or development staff

and most are either putting new projects on hold, scaling back their content or cancelling them completely - depending upon how far the project is

as to should we be worried about Alfa ... well I'm not sure what the status is about Fiat Group as most of the news has been about the big 3 in the US

1 - 4 of 4 Posts