Alfa Romeo Forum banner

401 - 420 of 422 Posts

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Got both cylinder heads off after a long, painful fight and they are now being reconditioned / skimmed by a reputable engine builder, so now its time to get on with the cleaning up operation!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Heads are now reconned and ready to refit - lots more to do still!

My Alfa Romeo channel is now live on Youtube - if you fancy a quick laugh, take a look:

If you enjoy, please like & subscribe. Cheers!

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
I've just subscribed to your Alfa Nut channel Uncle J - looking forward to you next post!

I have a phase-1 98 TwinSpark Spider in Proteo Red with 43k on the clock.

Are there any other owners in the Kent/East Sussex borders that meet or would like to meet?

·
Registered
77 Posts
IMG_0280.jpg

Just got a new MOT. Had some work done prior. New springs all round, flower pots, bumps stops, bump stop landing pads, top and bottom thrust washers on the rear springs. Drop links. And a rear wheel bearing. Oh and Brembo discs and pads all round.

Looking forward to some sunny days now !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
I've just subscribed to your Alfa Nut channel Uncle J - looking forward to you next post!

I have a phase-1 98 TwinSpark Spider in Proteo Red with 43k on the clock.

Are there any other owners in the Kent/East Sussex borders that meet or would like to meet?
Any chance of an Essex boy joining in?

Hows tricks BC ?

·
Registered
487 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Pardon my ignorance but what's the difference between a Phase 1 and Phase 2?

I was told mine was a Phase 2 - it was built in June 1996...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks Mr McGrumpy, the clocks are the same as those in the photo.

However I have something of a 'bitsa' as a recon engine (from a 147 I think) replaced the original in 2008. this leads me to wonder if the engine is the same as a P2, which led the mechanic who said it was a P2 think (from an engine point of view) that it was a P2.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hello, everyone.
I'll need help to identify my Spider 2.0 TS 1999...
If there's anything to identify

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Hi folks, here is the update on my PH1 V6 GTV rebuild - slow but steady and now within a few weekends of firing up an engine which has not turned in almost 6 years! Wish me luck.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Just adding mine to the thread

1997, no mods apart from a Ragazzon exhaust and an Alpine bluetooth stereo. 85500 miles. Mine for 10 years plus. Still on original paint.

Going to have some money thrown at it soon. Refurbed rear spring pans, brake hoses and a cambelt and water pump change.

Attachments

·
Registered
236 Posts
Just adding mine to the thread

1997, no mods apart from a Ragazzon exhaust and an Alpine bluetooth stereo. 85500 miles. Mine for 10 years plus. Still on original paint.

Going to have some money thrown at it soon. Refurbed rear spring pans, brake hoses and a cambelt and water pump change.
Surely there’s a conflict of interest between having that exhaust and a stereo? 😂
Bet it sounds epic (the exhaust). Love that colour, and the ph1 interior is a great place to be!

401 - 420 of 422 Posts