Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Cup 139

Having enjoyed a TS Spider for about 5 years, I was hankering after a V6 and have this year acquired GTV Cup No139. So far, all good, big smiles, great drive, great noise.
Cup 139 still on the plate as per the list, and living in Nottinghamshire. Used regularly (though mainly in the dry) I bought it to enjoy and drive and I often go to work in it so it can often be seen out-and-about.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
item no. search doesn't pick it up

If the other link doesn't work for you and you would still like to see the ad, i could prob email/message it to you,looked a tidy car

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
It was only up for just over an hour.7 day auction,1 bid of £4350 on it,and auction ended.I presume/hope he'd sold it elsewhere,rather than for £4350

Not sure if this link will work for anyone else (i'd added it to my watch list)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Alfa-Romeo-GTV-CUP-/123743690159?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&nma=true&si=F8ohWGAgUlqAMTxUJTYnyhqLBUY%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc

or you could try its item no. 123743690159

Ohh now I know
Seen this up for sale many times in the last few years. Recognise the photos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
683 Posts
It's one of the press cars. IIRC correctly it went through a salvage auction in the Midlands a number of years ago: had had a fairly minor shunt but been badly vandalised too.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I see the expensive low miles one down south has disappeared (17 or 18k??) so does this mean prices are picking up?

There currently doesn't seem to be any for sale

·
Registered
683 Posts
Good cars, when they come up for sale are attracting good money.

I had an unsolicited offer on mine a couple of weeks ago; I won't be selling however as last time I sold a GTV I regretted it. A lot.... and ended up buying my current one, which is now 11 years in my care.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Hey guys Cup #150 is now with me, still on the L50 CUP plate and is now residing in Kent, attached are some recent pictures with an old relation.

Updated thank you
Nice example, seen in the flesh a few times when it belonged to James Brown

·
Registered
489 Posts
Once my Cup has its fresh Mot I will be selling it. It’s not for me. Poly bushed and lowered. Love the engine. Going to look for something more comfy in the 156/ 166 line.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Once my Cup has its fresh Mot I will be selling it. It’s not for me. Poly bushed and lowered. Love the engine. Going to look for something more comfy in the 156/ 166 line.

An extremely quick turn around
Why did you buy it than?

·
Registered
489 Posts
I traded it for a series 4 Spider I had come to resent.
The car looks great and goes great. The Busso engine is to die for. The ride not so much. I struggle to see the traffic light from where I sit in it for the top of the roof. The ride is harsh. The driving position is very comfy.
I think the biggest thing for me is the ride height and the need to avoid pot go,S,speed bumps or and kerb in a car park. The garage lads had to lift the car manually to ease it on and off their ramps. The car is great, it’s just not me. I like my cars to be go anywhere at all times. I have cut the fleet back from seven to four cars now soon to be three and with our impending move to a bungalow three will be it’s practical limit. Given we need the other two cars for our lifestyle and dogs the third must be eminently practical yet still Alfa Romeo.

·
Registered
683 Posts
The GTV is never going to be Citroen comfy ride quality, but lowering and polybushing are both absolute no nos in my books.

Lowering is literally inviting the road to damage the splitter, oil cooler and underside in general, and I (possibly in a minority?) consider the polybushing ruins the excellent handling the rose jointed factory fresh car has.

Tip to new owner: get some proper springs fitted and the ride height back to factory and it will be far more pleasant.

21 - 40 of 66 Posts