Alfa Romeo Forum banner

How will the machine machine saga end?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just incase anybody is having trouble keeping up with Duncans washing machine. from this thread

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-164-and-166/134634-bloom-heck-that-was-close.html

Or this one

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-164-and-166/134686-how-many-times.html

Or this one

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/sout...sgow-is-it-going-down-the-pan-or-just-me.html

And want to know how this story ends I thoiught we could dedicate a thread to the subject :cheese:

How do you think it will end? answers on a post card.

Cheers Stuart

·
Registered
11,049 Posts
stu you are a true filer....i am so disjointed...thanks for tidying it up but it is my opinion that this pollis rigged, i feel fixed would be the wrong word.

engineer is out of the question win lose or draw.
TONY grrr..its so obsolete so no chance of that
Sooty and Niall ye of little faith and there is no room in the sink as she is always doing dishes...1 at a time the power companies just love her.

pomeo

·
Registered
11,049 Posts
oooby doo
i wanted to be like you (stu)

ok i submit to your superior intellect and academia as my degree is now less than worthless...obd washing machines..............aargh ok where do i go to conform ?not confirm also is the prof (GOD i have to be oh so careful tiping that:D :wow: :tut: :cheese: :cheese: )and good with washing machines or does he/she have a made:cheese:

anyway ive got it sussed and it works at alower temp just watch when its hot enough and con it to thinking its done its job...computer dont ye justlove them.

so yeez are all wrong and yer poll is worthless....pomeo licks italian washing machine.....yeough:D :cheese: :cheese: :cheese:
Pomeo

but motherwell still got beat:cry: :cry: oh well theres always nancy.or is it noncy?

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Was just mucking about didn't mean to upset you. (If your upset its sometime hard to tell) Now that your washing machine works but motherwell lost (I thought you where a rangers supporter?)

So I suppose this begs two questions to be asked....

What means more to you Motherwell FC or the washing machine?
and

Now that your washing machine works dose that mean you have a spare "bad thing" free so you wife is now free to sell both your cars? :D

·
Registered
11,049 Posts
And want to know how this story ends I thoiught we could dedicate a thread to the subject :cheese:

How do you think it will end? answers on a post card.

Cheers Stuart
i AM LIKE YOU STU REALLY NEED TO RTFS.
AND NO ONE HAS POSTCARDS SEE BOLT THREAD.

Just keeping every one up to date as duncan refuses to conform
YEP THATS ME ...BUT I NEVER SAW THE LINE ABOVE.

Was just mucking about didn't mean to upset you. (If your upset its sometime hard to tell) Now that your washing machine works but motherwell lost (I thought you where a rangers supporter?)

So I suppose this begs two questions to be asked....

What means more to you Motherwell FC or the washing machine?
and

Now that your washing machine works dose that mean you have a spare "bad thing" free so you wife is now free to sell both your cars? :D

UPSET ME ...NAE CHANCE...BUT MOTHERWELL :cry: :cry: :cry: :cheese: :cheese:

STU ILL GIE YE A CLUE.

STU THE BLU AKA JIMMY THE JOINER...MY YOUNGEST BOY WHO WAS "OOT THE NOO" AT WHAT I HOPE WILL BE HIS HOME SOON AKA IBROX IS WORKING IN KILMARNOCK WHERE THE PART FOR THE WASHING MACHINE IS AND WONT DO A 3 MINUTE DETOUR TO GET THE BIT THAT WILL ALLOW HIS MOTHER TO WASH HIS WORKWEAR ...SO THE WASHING MACHINE WILL CEASE TO WORK ..HE WILL NEED TO WEAR DAY OLD CLOTHES WITH THE BACKLOG ...REMINDS ME OF THE SUPERVISORS WHEN ALL THE PART OF THE BODY HAVE A MEETING TO SEE WHO SHOULD BE THE SUPERVISOR.
NOW THIS LITTL;E PERSON WHO IS BIGGER THAN ME ANNOYS ME ANGERS ME BUT UPSET ME NEVER.
YOU KNOW HIM YOU MET HIM I DONT THINK HE EVEN GOT OUT THE CAR WHEN YOU HAD YER FLAT BATTERY.

PS SORRY I CANNOT MAKE THURSDAY UP TO MY EYES IN IT THAT DAY WITH HOSPITALS ETC.

pOMEO

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Cool I had actually thought through the idea of you coming to the wedding. I recon that by thursday you could be very "aromatic" and maybe not the first thing young ladies would like to share an enclosed space with! :D

Hope you have a good time (In the hospital? :confused: :p )

It still is a pity two tidy 166s would kick bottom. Hoping to get a few professional snaps of the car was well!

Stuart

·
Registered
11,049 Posts
Well the gamble or educated guess paid off....New thermister solved problem and has been going well since.....£10 including postage...criminal isn't it....At £9 for the part.....a self build of a washing machine using the parts bought seperately would be around £4000...no wonder people just recycle...On the way to the home to visit my mother ,who is 80 today....well done mother, the other day I saw a pick up loaded with scrap washing machines ...and being a cheapskate i has a quick shifty.....i saw an Indesit probably the same model and in excellent condition ,even after being thrown on the lorry, beaming out at me....it probably just neede a thermister and it was scapped.

Oh well we save the planet by recycling and keeping some people in jobs.

Found my voltmeter today and checked the old thermister and it has....wait for it .....negative resistance...........modern technology AAAARGH...the new one hasn't.

Pomeo

·
Registered
11,049 Posts
Saw that one years ago Stu ...It's not much cop.

Pomeo

·
Registered
11,049 Posts
Just realised...
ye 7 voters of little faith...hope you are not voting at glenrothes.:cheese: :cheese: :cheese:

Pomeo

·
Registered
11,049 Posts
Well that didn't last long did it.:wow:

I keep telling them yes I keep telling them do they listen? NO.

Stony flipping ground all around.
not just my gang either...The whole flippicountry hence the GB GOOD SAMARITAN PLUG.....TOO LITTLE WAY TOO LATE GORDON BROWN.

WELL THANK F FUR THE FOOL M0NTY;) :D

THE OLD OFFSIDE TRAP....CUE MOOOOSIC.;)

The machine wouldnae go..washing all wet..dead as a dodo.

So the auld experience kicks in...fixed in 10 minutes....
i always thell them makes sure pockets are empty.Mrs P HAS BEEN TELT SO MONY TIMES IVE FORGOTTEN HOW MANY IVE LOST COONT.

:cry: :cry: NAE £20 NOTES THIS TIME...The buggers are getting wise tae that or its the credit crunch crunching.....2 50p's, 3 20 p's,2 5p's a wee :cry: metal bracket and a screwdriver bit...(ALL CAUGHT IN THE OFFSIDE TRAP PERHAPS WASHING MACHINE FANS SHOULD BE IN THE 166 OR ALL ALFAS....yep jimmy the joiner strikes again.....just doin the bill fur them....£60 call oot....well I hud tae fall oot ma bed to fix it..and 2 hours labour....well thats what an expert would charge.....no chance o the dosh so F them.....:D I cancelled the Sky.:thumbs:
That'll teach:thumbs: them .I can't even watch the old black n white movies that make me cry...yep Rod (Stewart) I do that too.
wAS WATCHIN MY HERO JOHN MCCLANE IN DIE HARD AGAIN LAST NIGHT IN HD.....WELL THEY ALL GOT INTO ME..HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU WATCHED THAT...YOU HAVE IT ON DVD ETC WELL IT WAS ON AND IN HD....AND IMHO HE WHO PAYS THE PIPER...CANT EVEN WATCH WHAT I WANT TO WATCH...SO MUCH FOR FREEDOM.

Now 9 votes ...Thanks MarcH for you faith.:thumbs:

What other phiulistine voted wrong...no wonder the worlds in a bloody mess.:rant:

Pomeo:cheese: :cheese:

·
Registered
11,049 Posts
Wow Thanks gilertr14 and Saivek.

another vote for AND ITS NECK N NECK ON THE LEADER BOARD.

Pomeo

·
Registered
11,049 Posts
Wow Thanks gilertr14 and Saivek.

another vote for AND ITS NECK N NECK ON THE LEADER BOARD.

Pomeo
:cheese: :cheese: :cheese:
well a real BIG thank you to.........................CHEEKYBOY.GRRR:rant:

NOW i NEED 2 PEPS...PG FF F? ANY ONE EVEN TUNERS OR BREAKERS 10/4.:eek: I KEN but I am desperate noo....KEN WHERE ARE YOU?

ROSSOLUSSO STESCO
:cheese:
pOMEO

·
Registered
11,049 Posts
Yah shower of bees yees.....

I hope yer partners in polls 3 and 4 use itchin powder insteed of soap powder when doing your clothes and cheecky boys overalls.

Pomeo

Common people now need mair votes fur.

·
Registered
11,049 Posts
Whit aboot the wummin.

Pg,147,W55 and scsc ...thats 4 votes I really really knead.

Come on if a win this poll I might consider standing fur parliamo parliament....Couldnae dae worse wie nae arms and legs and no vision.

Pomeo

·
Registered
11,049 Posts
:cry: :cry: :cry:

3 steps forward 5 steps back.:wow:

No wonder folk take out extra cover.:lol:

Pomeo

·
Registered
11,049 Posts
Well that it going again.
Monday morning.
Mrs P says "Pomeo,thers washing there to get put out and another load in the machine to go out when it stops"
Pomeo"That's (F'ing) easy .I can do that".

Well sun not out I'll wait till it stops and put the lot out at once when the sun is up.

Went to the machine....The programme selector spinning round like the flipping Majic Roundabout.AAARRGH.

Washing all wet .No way to override this INTELIGENT washing machine.Like a wummin amind of it own..even when wrong.

Well I tried evreything.(Did I say evertyhing)..Pump OK ...20p and an earring...I was gonnae do the motor brushes the last time when I did the temp sensor BUY I DIDNAE...Check mains voltage at pump only 63vAC .So I put mains voltage with bare copper (Trust me I am an electrical engineer..only had 2 belts) connector on the pump and the pump worked. Stripped out interlock and checked it.All A OK.Back in .Closed the door tried to open it and IT DIDNAE....>AARGH..Strip door doon.(Now need new door catch). Last night still no working so I turned my attention to the temp sensor...Couldnae find the spare one.So I took a cooncter off and then the machine springs to life.....Water going in and pumping out at the same time and other noises BUT THE DRUM DIDN'T TURN.Got up this morning and checked the brushes....DONE COMPLETELY DONE.....went to the wee washing machine spare shop and got 2 brushes..£22.

New brushes in...DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY DIFFERENT KINDS OF BRUSHES THERE ARE FOR WASHING MACHINE....I was lucky the there.None in the shop but the repair man returned in the van and he had 1 set..was that lucky or what.WHAT?...and oft she jolly well went.

AH BISTO..AH FINDUS ,SUCCESS ON A PLATE.

Now need a new door lock at £23.No wonder folk just dump their washing machines and get new ones when they go faulty.

I now have to decided where to run it till next fault of put a new belt on it just now...A belt failure to these machines is like an alfa timing

These machines ,according to internet reports ,are so fickle and the electronics so unreliable.....BUT...this one has fell down a flight of stairs when 6 months old,been on at least 3-4 times a day.....Has more confused programmes than confused dot com .

The abuse that this machine has had is like a car having been driven by strarsky n hutch robocop david hassellhoff crash car derby etc etc...and its cost around £50 in parts.

I was considering puting in a new motor instead of the brushes but that was £242 so it would have been doon to Curries...Now who voted that?

Pomeo..Off to do another load due to back log of washing and the need to use a screwdriver to open the door....Power on ofcourse..

Pomeo

·
Registered
11,049 Posts
Thanks Rosolusso :thumbs: ....FF ...GRRRRR.:cheese:

Well nrew door lock arived....I thought a couple of minutes...Well you all know what thought did.:cry: 5 hours later job done...well that is one footery mechanism.There is obviously a knack but it had me beat for 4hrs and 59 mins.:rant:
And the plastic perspex bit broke a lug...:cry: No one will notice its hidden:D But I know Ken:cry: :cry:

Well I am not touching it again.They are too expensive to fix....Instaed of £23 for the handle I got the £4.98 one and that was delivered.BUT ITS THE WRONG SHADE OF SILVER.:wow:

Al least I'll be able to see the handle in the dark.

And the spare sets of brushes of £7 delivered..They are out of stock.Oh well.
Pomeo

1 - 20 of 31 Posts