Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bonjour all..

So, when I changed from the Volvo T4 (petrol turbo leather etc.) to the GT at the end of August, my premium went from £65/month to £100. At the time, I barely questioned this as A. The GT is valued much more and B. I was too excited and just wanted to drive the Alfa..

But time goes by and in these financially tight days i looked again at my premium, wondering why it was so high (I'm 39 and not had a claim in almost 20 years). So, I called Kwik Fit last night (my broker, who to be fair were very cheap for the Volvo) and they said when i changed to the Alfa, they kept same underwriter as the Volvo but, with a new underwriter the premium would drop to £76/month. Great said I!
Then I looked at Tesco, who offered same cover but at £56.00/month plus a one-off deposit payment of £100.
I called KwikFit to cancel, and strangely they were able to drop to £53.00 /month!! Overnight!
So with no upfront to pay as I'm already with them I said "sure, go ahead"

Insurance, a rip off. We need it, they know we need it. We dance to their tune...:rant:

·
Registered
934 Posts
If you dont do a full check using all the comparison websites PLUS phoning Kwik fit, Aviva and DirectLine every time you change you car or are due for renewal ... then you WILL be ripped off by the insurance industry... it does not pay to be a loyal customer ...

·
Registered
594 Posts
I was with Kwik Fit for the last two years, until the start of this month.

My 1st year was with my 147, which was about £300 when I joined, but after a year of no claims/accidents it suddenly shot up to over £500. I then bought the GT and did the quote on line which was around £500 so I stayed with them, and this year the renewal was over £700 (again without a claim/accident), so I've now changed to one that specifically insures the uniformed services, and it's only £380!

It seems as if every company is trying to screw the customer over now days, as far as they're concerned if you don't check it's your fault, so check and move if necessary; They have no loyalty to you, so you have none to them!

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
do your homework, get all their prices, then play them all off against eachother

hastings just quoted me £730 renewal price for my 159, so far i've found others down as low as £490. i'll be phoning hastings tomorrow to see if they can beat £490. if not, then it's adios.

i've got mrs al's focus with hastings as well, got them to come down by £120 from their renewal price by chewing their ears on the phone. then once i was happy they'd dropped to the absolute minimum i told them i would renew there and then if they could drop the excess from £150 to £100 to match what i'd found elsewhere and - after much discussion - they did

get them all rung and chew their ears off until they give in :thumbs:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts