Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I tried Guinness several years ago and really didn't enjoy it. However, over the last year I've grown quite fond of bitter. Anyhow, I fancied a couple of beers this evening, but the Spar local mini mart only sell lager of Guinness. So I bough a couple of tins (well 4 actually) and I'm really enjoying it :D.....in fact, right now I can't fathom out why I didn't enjoy it the first time around :thumbs:

·
Banned
4,362 Posts
Tis an acquired taste Amigo and some landlords don't know how to keep it here :cry:

You're probably suppin' the Nigerian canned brew I'd imagine, not bad but ....

Get th'self over to the Emerald Isle for a true pint of God's nectar :thumbs:

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
Was in Dublin a coupla years ago when I last had some (lots) - so can't compare how it is over here...

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tis an acquired taste Amigo and some landlords don't know how to keep it here :cry:

I have a very good friend who lives in Ireland.....time to get that holiday form filled in :D

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1's fine
2's great
and 3's no enough.

I do enjoy a good Guinness :thumbs:

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Was in Dublin a coupla years ago when I last had some (lots) - so can't compare how it is over here...
I reckon I need to do a little more taste testing...well, it is Friday, and I've been pretty strict with my NYR of cutting back on drinking thus far :D

Guinness is great :beer:
Damn right it is Gaz mate :thumbs:
It's going down a treat:D

1's fine
2's great
and 3's no enough.

I do enjoy a good Guinness :thumbs:
Guinness certainly has a new fan here :thumbs:

I totally love the stuff (I have good taste) :cool:

Nice with a bit of blackcurrant in it too.
I really can't imagine Diva with a Guinness in her hand :eek:.....but I'll try ;):lol:

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,409 Posts
Guinness and black, ruined! :tut:

O'Neill's sell Red Guinness, now that is very nice. Not seen it for sale anywhere else either

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I like a pint of the black stuff now and then - but is it not a fallacy now, that the Dublin stuff tastes better than what we get over here? Since Park Royal closed down, don't we get the real stuff straight from Dublin, made from the waters of the Liffey?

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I like a pint of the black stuff now and then - but is it not a fallacy now, that the Dublin stuff tastes better than what we get over here? Since Park Royal closed down, don't we get the real stuff straight from Dublin, made from the waters of the Liffey?
We do. It's still better in Dublin though, in the same way that Boddies was better in Manchester than anywhere else (until it became mass produced shite produced by a faceless conglomerate).

I think drinking the black stuff is something you grow into.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
...drinking a lot of it will certainly make you grow :lol:

·
Registered
15,172 Posts

The Nigerian Guinness? God no - that stuff is awful It's like barley wine. Hideous 13% muck. Even their equivalent of cooking Guinness is vile, I've tried...

1 - 20 of 43 Posts