Alfa Romeo Forum banner

161 - 180 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Don Luigi's in Liversedge, WF15 8DU. A mile from where I live.

Bibi's in Leeds used to be good but haven't been there for years

A bit further afield.. Ristorante Pizzeria Dolfin, Salizada San Pantalon in Venice

Pizzeria Oliva da Carla e Salvatore, Naples,. Set in the lovely, and very lively !!, little square of Piazza Sanita. Had the best pizza ever here :thumbu p:.

·
Registered
17,852 Posts
I should like to put a word in for Giuliano's in Crowland. Excellent little restaurant in full view of the open, family run kitchen. Great menu, if I could ever get past the pizza list... :cheeky:

They're just missing Chianti bottles with candles in - I've suggested it but they don't seem keen. "Quiche" they said, but they don't have quiche on the menu :confused:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Piccolinos in Alderley Edge or Manchester centre. These are a new type as they have all the ingredients fresh on show, lovely fresh desserts and wood fired pizza copper ovens. Best pizzas in the UK!!

·
Registered
17,852 Posts
I should like to put a word in for Giuliano's in Crowland. Excellent little restaurant in full view of the open, family run kitchen. Great menu, if I could ever get past the pizza list... :cheeky:

They're just missing Chianti bottles with candles in - I've suggested it but they don't seem keen. "Quiche" they said, but they don't have quiche on the menu :confused:
Update (particularly for Elvis - I know he keeps a close eye on this) this restaurant is now for sale :grumpy:

·
Registered
11,053 Posts
I know I'm a terrible person for not wanting to "share" ....... but if I find a restaurant I like, publicising it on the inteweb will only make it more difficult for me to get a table - and encourage said eatery to increase its prices :eek:.

So if you spot any REALY BAD reviews on restaurants from some idiot who's username references a famous guitarist, might be worth a punt :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Good approach. Could you please write a bad review for Villagio at Hammersmith to keep other people away, as it's really excellent?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Its posh and expensive but Giorgio Locatelli's restaurant Locanda Locatelli is excellent for a treat.

Napoli E in Westerham has great food and a great atmosphere.

A bit further afield, Funtana Abass in Luras, Sardinia is a great little hotel with a superb restaurant. Its in central Sardinia so some great driving roads as well.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
For a good mid price Italian in Hertfordshire (or indeed the home counties as a whole) I haven't been anywhere better than Zaza in Berkhamstead, which has the bonus of being a pleasant small town. I cart around a person who needs gluten free food, and they also have a good selection of such dishes.

https://www.zaza.co.uk/

161 - 180 of 180 Posts