Alfa Romeo Forum banner

141 - 160 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
41,387 Posts
Very nice Italian in locks Heath centre, between southampton and fareham for non locals.

Franco & paulo - home

Proper good Italian food actually cooked by Italians... Some nice pics on the walls aswell, made sure to tell him to add a few Alfa's. Too many fiat 500s atm :giggle:

·
Registered
41,387 Posts
Very nice organic (scandis seem to love organic stuff) sourdough pizza last night

mother | mother restaurant

Very good value for money compared to the rest of copenhagen prices

·
Registered
13,685 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
La Nonna, Jesmond, Newcastle upon Tyne - great food from a neapolitan family and extremely reasonable in price for the quality of food they serve!

Pizzeria Francesca, Jesmond, Newcastle Upon Tyne - again great food from the south of Italy and family run. cheap and Cheerful and due to its location it gets full with local students but don't let that put you off as the food is excellent! More like traditional Italian cooking rather than a la carte.

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
went to a great Italian Pizzeria in Loughborough, called Peter Pizzeria

Highly recommended, pizza, coffee, Italian beer and cider :) small but very cosy place with great quality food and friendly prices.

·
Registered
10 Posts
As a newbie I'll throw in Capri based in Hammersmith. The owner Tony has been there 40 years and I don't think he's renovated it since then. What you get is a cosy old-fashioned atmosphere with genuine warmth from him and some proper spaghetti Carbonara or Arrabiata!

·
Premium Member
77,205 Posts
surely - again - regional threads are useful...........national, sticky....ooh what a nice restaurant in Hemel Hempstead....maybe needs unsticking etc.:paperbag:

#justsayingagain

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
surely - again - regional threads are useful...........national, sticky....ooh what a nice restaurant in Hemel Hempstead....maybe needs unsticking etc.:paperbag:

#justsayingagain
Maybe because nobody agrees with you?

If I'm in a strange place looking for a restaurant and I only have my phone to hand, I don't want to muck about finding out what region Hemel Hempstead is in! Also bear in mind, some places don't fall neatly into one region. Bedfordshire for example; Is it East Anglia, East Midlands, South East? All apply. I do not want to have to search all possible regions to find the information that should be in one place. Could this thread be organised better? Yes. Is some of the information out of date? Yes.

Also, at the top of the page is a button marked 'Search this thread'. Try it. It works quite well.

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/search.php?searchid=13229666

·
Registered
8,722 Posts
And Salvos has gone downhill - used to be cosy but now it's too big, bright and shiny, and the food is unremarkable. Oh, and Headingley is in Leeds, not outside. :jester:

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Osteria antica Bologna

23 Northcote Rd SW11 1NG

Osteria.co.uk

Run by my good friend Marzio and they also use our Family's olive oil.

oleificiomortillaro/LAzienda.html

If you find yourself south london way well worth a visit!

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Went to Rudy's Neapolitan Pizza at 6 Cotton Street, Ancoats, Mancester. It's walkable from the city centre.

Limited menu, just Pizza, but really nice with a bunch of mad Italian chefs singing in the background. Bottle of wine and a pizza just over £22. Not fine dining, but there is a book of the world's best pizza places, and this is one of Manchester's two entries. As Arnie would say, I'll be back.

The pizza dough is prepared 20 hours in advance and it stops serving some days between 3 and 5 to prepare the dough for the next day.

141 - 160 of 185 Posts