Alfa Romeo Forum banner

121 - 140 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Aldi and Lidl are both excellently run German companies with low overhead costs and excellent produce. Primark...well that is an entirely other matter. Look at the Bangladesh factory collapse for as to why. Very off-topic.

Recommend: Antica Roma in Rochford, Essex. Lovely authentic food, good service, Italian staff (our waiter was from Rimini) and some really good wines all at reasonable prices. Good value.

·
Registered
4,627 Posts

·
Registered
41,387 Posts
went to a couple of very nice itallian restaurants while in prague over the weekend.

One wa called Al Minuto and is right on the old town sqaure

The other was called Matuskas which was down a little side street near the shopping centre and about 2 doors down from the Prague Beer Museum (not an actual museum just a very nice pub with 30 differant czech beers on tap)

·
Registered
7,218 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
In Auckland we have :
Alessio's at Ponsonby Food Court - a small restaurant its true but they are off the chart in terms of taste, value and authenticity - highly recommended.
Pizza Wise, Al Volo in Eden Terrace is awesome - and you know its good when the owner has an Alfa 156 GTA ! Pizzas are pricey, but off the chart good.
In town we have Covo, which is excellent. Also excellent are La Porchetta, and Toto, Gina's (very good) and Portofino.
Naturally we have the inevitable fast food pizzerias here (which shall remain nameless), though lately the one beginning with D has been making some really nice ones which are surprisingly decent, and no longer taste completely of the box they come in.....the rest still taste like cardboard !

·
Administrator
45,043 Posts
Terra Nostra in Bispham was a nice little place. And very handy for the lights.

And I mean little! I was sitting against the front window, and could see straight out the back of the kitchen to the road behind.

·
Administrator
45,043 Posts
I agree that it should be widened to any restaurant though. Maybe unstuck, and a totally fresh, wider, one stuck instead to get new thoughts?

Happy to go with member opinion.

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
I don't know if it's realistic, but would it be possible to create some page with list of regions/cities and list of mentioned restaurants under each section and each place linked to the related thread or post by a member. (similar as some groups are made in wiki things, but with links not to articles but thread or posts from this thread)

I know it might sound overstretched, but in reality if I want to know a good place in let's say Windsor, I have no easy way to find it in this thread.

Unless I am missing something then i am sorry :)

121 - 140 of 185 Posts