1 - 20 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
54,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Inspired by SpiderMonkey's thread, I suggest we add our recommendations
of Italian Restaurants all over the world :D Perhaps a really kind mod could
make the thread a sticky too ;) :D

I would like to start off by recommending Marco's Italian Restaurant in Bristol :thumbs:

Marco's Ltd. Italian Restaurant

We have enjoyed eating here on numerous occasions and heartilly suggest you
give it a try if you're in Bristol :thumbs:

P

·
0 Posts
I'd like to add my favourite restaurant in Carlisle :) Always good food, pleasant surroundings and lovely friendly staff that never let your glass stay empty ;)

Casa Romana

K

·
0 Posts
Piccolos in Heywood is excellent.

To be honest, it's the only place in Heywood where I would eat by choice apart from my Mum's house. Everywhere else is a ****hole.

PICCOLOS ITALIA Piccolo Italia Piccollo

There's a really good one across the road from the Moat House Hotel in Glasgow but I can't remember what it's called.

K

·
0 Posts
What is Belmondo's in Royton like these days keithyboy? I went there for my (first) hen night in 1991 :eek: I lived in High Crompton at the time :)
Royton is perilously close to Oldham so I rarely venture up there due to a lack of suitable waterproofs and thermal underwear.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
I heartily recommend Rococo in Kingston. Great place, very friendly owners and very good food. On the river and has a terrace on the river for the summer.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Top idea G:thumbs:

Piccolinos in Warwick is excellent, as is the nearby Giovanis:)

·
Administrator
45,041 Posts
There used to be a Portofinos in Congleton which was very nice. It's closed unfortunately, but they still have one in Hanley.
It's not quite as nice, but their Mozzarella cubes are lovely.

This place in Edinburgh was very nice too:
Vittoria, Italian Restaurant Edinburgh
We went to the one on the bridge. Service was incredibly quick, and food very nice.

And this place in New York:
Pomodoro Rosso - New York City
was excellent, and ridiculously cheap (mind you, the exchange rate was a lot better when I was there)

·
Registered
26,110 Posts
Hullo travelers :)

When in Amsterdam and in need of some fine Italian food, don't miss a visit to Hostaria - good food, friendly people. Recommended!

For another approach: Pasta e basta! - you share a large table with other guests; two seatings; free choice from the antipasta buffet; nice menu. Best thing is: the singing: service is provided by conservatory students; once the main dish has been served, you get to listen to a nice collection of aria's, motets, other songs. Worth a visit!

·
Registered
860 Posts
If in Glasgow, there's a plethora of good 'uns but I can heartily recommend La Parmigiana Ristorante La Parmigiana - Welcome to our Italian Restaurant for authentic dishes, the lobster ravioli is a particular treat!

I know Florence quite well (obviously more choice of eateries too!) so if you happen to be travelling/holidaying over there, check out Trattoria Mario Piazza Mercato Centrale which is renowned in the city for its 'slow food' status and rustic family charm. :)

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
1 - 20 of 185 Posts