Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well...just before they blow his new young nubile (calm down, calm down) missus up isn't the car we see in the drive a vintage Alfa? If so what is it? A proper old one with running boards and all that but I'm sure it's an Alfa grill.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I think it was something like a 2300? Lungo? :rolleyes: This is a very vague memory- I'll have to see the film again a check my older Alfa info...

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
I haven't noticed that there is Alfa :eek: But it has been so long time I have seen them :)

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Check out the link posted above, if you check closely you can even see Pacino in the driving seat and it says it's a Alfa-Romeo 6C 2500 (1946) ;)

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
GTS said:
I'm also pretty sure it was a Lancia.
Not sure which bit of the film you mean but there is definately an old Alfa in a shot around the time someone gets blown away with a shotgun at short range.

Buck

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Thanks for that Hans. Its strange for me that I did not notice that car was an Alfa when I watched that film (about 100 times) but then all the cars from that era look the same to me. :rolleyes:

What I used to love watching were those dubbed italian films from the 70's where there would be Alfa's all over the place - pity these seem to have gone out of circulation now - all I used to get them for was to see the Italian cars. :lol:

G

·
...as above. It blows up in the courtyard with Micheal Corleone's new bride inside.

My worry has always been, was it a genuine car or mock up?

wrinx

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
probably real one, filmakers have a record of trashing perfectly good cars, i still cry(not really, sniff) when i watch the italian job, the casualty count in that film is awful

1 - 19 of 19 Posts