Alfa Romeo Forum banner

81 - 100 of 1943 Posts

·
Registered
33,194 Posts
I like it when a thing doesn't totally appeal at first but grows on me. I'm hoping the Giulia is one of those.

·
Registered
37,350 Posts
I liked the 156 as soon as it came out and I like the Giulia.

I wasn't keen on the MiTo or the Giulietta when they came out, and although I still don't like the MiTo I certainly like the look of the Giulietta.

I reckon it has a better than 50:50 chance as it is a handsome, well proportioned car.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Sorry chaps, but I saw three Giulias today at the dealers and they continue to do nothing for me; a black standard one , the usual Blue/tan demo and the red QV. They just lack definition. Perhaps seeing one driving around will help me get it. A friend who knows a bit about the car tells me the wheels were designed in isolation from the Giulia and you can tell. The black one in the showroom with 17" thin spoked wheels looked quite unattractive.
If I get you right cue2, you haven't actually 'spotted' a Giulia in public i.e. on the roads. And everything else you say about wheels etc. is just heresay. All of the 5 hole wheels, whether Giulia or previous, say 'pure Alfa' to me.

Giulia is by far the best mainstream Alfa in decades, possibly ever, and certainly the most comprehensively engineered; indeed the only Alfa in recent times which has had real money spent on its development as opposed to being a warmed-over GM derived compromise.

And it almost certainly needed to be quite conservatively styled to avoid the usual 'style over substance' criticisms. Nobody is saying that now, are they?

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Spotted a red Giulia in the car park at the Kassam stadium, Oxford this evening (I'm here for the Oxford v Macclesfield FA Cup replay). My GT 3.2 is usually the only Alfa here! Could not see the exact model (not a QV). First one I have seen and looked smaller than I was expecting... but looks good.
Spotted at around 11:15 today, a wine red/purple Giulia in Welch way shell Garage in Witney.

Car looked lovely, although I wasn't too keen on the colour of it.

I tried to give the driver a thumbs up but he wasn't looking at me.
Sorry symon, that was me; was that you in the new red Giulietta coming the other way? Apologies for failing to respond.
Colour is Monza Red, very lighting dependant, looks very different in sunshine, didn't want Alfa Red (again) but thought that as an Alfa, it needed to be some shade of red, didn't want black/grey/silver like Germans, thought Monza would be suitably subdued.

Excellent road car, T4 MAir, over the moon with it although only had it since last Friday.
Looks like there's a couple of Giulia's mooching round Oxfordshire & the Cotswolds - gutted not to have seen them yet as I live and work in West Oxon.

I think I've seen Symon's Met Red Giulietta near the Ducklington Lane traffic lights once or twice though, and possibly on Burwell? I'm in a poo brown (Metal Bronze) 13 plate MiTo! Hoping it might be a newish Giulietta next year, if I can make the sums add-up :ermm:

The Giulia looks & sounds fantastic, but I know I've not got a hope in hell of affording one of them yet :(

·
Registered
37,350 Posts
Looks like there's a couple of Giulia's mooching round Oxfordshire & the Cotswolds - gutted not to have seen them yet as I live and work in West Oxon.

I think I've seen Symon's Met Red Giulietta near the Ducklington Lane traffic lights once or twice though, and possibly on Burwell? I'm in a poo brown (Metal Bronze) 13 plate MiTo! Hoping it might be a newish Giulietta next year, if I can make the sums add-up :ermm:

The Giulia looks & sounds fantastic, but I know I've not got a hope in hell of affording one of them yet :(
You probably have seen me, the traffic light/cross roads is on my way home from work, and I don't live that far from Burwell. (I often visit the Fiah and chip shop/post office).

I will keep an eye out for you. :)

I have also seen another Giulietta around town in the same colour and the same spec, mine is the one with the silver mirrors and lower suspension. ;)

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
You probably have seen me, the traffic light/cross roads is on my way home from work, and I don't live that far from Burwell. (I often visit the Fiah and chip shop/post office).

I will keep an eye out for you. :)

I have also seen another Giulietta around town in the same colour and the same spec, mine is the one with the silver mirrors and lower suspension. ;)
Aah right, I did think I'd seen two metallic red G's in the Ducklington Lane/Station Lane area, but one was 61 reg and the other a 60 reg. Don't see many overall so it's weird seeing two in the same location.

I'll look out for the silver mirrors! ;)

·
Registered
699 Posts
I met scottial and saw his Monza Red Giulia this week, it does look as good as the dark would let it, and makes me wish for a short number plate

·
Registered
699 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Don't know what it is about Alfa's photography - or maybe Giulia just isn't that photogenic....
I had great reservations when I first saw her pics online and even when I saw videos. But when I look at her in my drive - sorry can't help it - I see a very well proportioned, nicely detailed but not overdone styling job.
I no longer get the broad, long, flat-nosed thick lipped frontal impression that I got initially, I see a saloon that's as good looking as any - and a lot better than most.
One of my favourite little styling features of both Giulietta and Giulia, I love the way the A pillars widen towards the top due to the way the sides of the windscreen curve inwards...very pleasing

·
Registered
699 Posts
The secret is don't take pictures with a camera phone.... If you do then stand 10+ yards away then crop the picture afterwards. If you're cropping off at least half the picture then you'll be getting an image closer to the perspective of the human eye.

The other thing is that it's hard to see the curves on a car that's too shiny.

·
Administrator
86,631 Posts
Voting now open for the previous entries http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/poll-room/1042305-december-2016-ao-detailing-competition-vote.html

Vote for whoever you think deserves to win :thumbs:

And January Detailing competition now open for entries http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/car-detailing/1042313-january-2017-detailing-competition-entries.html

Don't let the title put you off, it doesn't have to be a full detail, a wash & a clean will do, if the car looks good take some pics & submit them, please include some info on what you have done to the car :thumbs:

Check out the updated rules here http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/car-detailing/745785-monthly-detailing-competition-rules.html

·
Registered
46 Posts
Is that the panoramic sunroof? Looks great! I've still not seen one in the flesh. i have become slightly obsessed by the QV. It's on my business cards and the signage on the office.

81 - 100 of 1943 Posts