Alfa Romeo Forum banner

The Giulia spotted thread

290731 2614
So, as deliveries are taking place, it's time for the (in)famous spotted thread.

Spotted my first (non-test-drive) Giulia on the road today, as a white Giulia passed me on the street in Zürich this morning, close to the airport. :clap:
Reactions: Vipera
61 - 80 of 2615 Posts

· Registered
91 Posts
there is me all smug that my super is ordered - and soon be here (well early next year!!) and then today I see my neighbour has one on his drive - beaten me to it!!! I guess its a special as it has the sports bumpers - which look fantastic (why cant we have those on the super - just because of the second exhaust) with its Q2 badge and blue paint _ looked absolutely fantastic!!!

· Registered
511 Posts
there is me all smug that my super is ordered - and soon be here (well early next year!!) and then today I see my neighbour has one on his drive - beaten me to it!!! I guess its a special as it has the sports bumpers - which look fantastic (why cant we have those on the super - just because of the second exhaust) with its Q2 badge and blue paint _ looked absolutely fantastic!!!
Are you quite sure it was a Speciale? I'd be surprised if it was even possible for a UK Speciale to have been delivered yet. And BTW, Q2 is an option (included in Performance Pack) on Speciale just as it is on Super. If it really had the 'sports' rear bumper, and it wasn't ordered as a Speciale, then that must come as part of Performance Pack??

Are we missing something here...??

· Registered
699 Posts
Chris Variava posted pictures last week of their showroom Speciale on Facebook, but that would be about the first in a dealers.

· Registered
Giulia Quadrifoglio Feb 2017 Alfa Rosso, Fiat 500e Apr 2021
2,637 Posts
Seen in Milan

I found myself following a dark blue Giulia in the centre of Milano yesterday.

It wasn't a Quadrifoglio. I presume it was a diesel.

It looked very good from the side and rear.

Unfortunately he got away, as he jumped a red light and I wasn't prepared to follow.

So far the only one I've seen during 8 days in Italy and 2 in Switzerland.

Andy

· Registered
1,260 Posts
I found myself following a dark blue Giulia in the centre of Milano yesterday.

It wasn't a Quadrifoglio. I presume it was a diesel.

It looked very good from the side and rear.

Unfortunately he got away, as he jumped a red light and I wasn't prepared to follow.

So far the only one I've seen during 8 days in Italy and 2 in Switzerland.

Andy
Just the one in the spiritual home of Alfa......I have PM'd you but your. Message box is full. Re 21st Jan.

· Registered
42,969 Posts
Spotted at around 11:15 today, a wine red/purple Giulia in Welch way shell Garage in Witney.

Car looked lovely, although I wasn't too keen on the colour of it.

I tried to give the driver a thumbs up but he wasn't looking at me.

· Registered
195 Posts
I saw my first Giulia on Saturday heading north on the A1M just north of Hatfield, in my mirrors, as I was pulling off onto the slip road. I did a double take at first as the grille looked very 159ish but it was the lights that alerted me.... by which time I had slowed for the junction and he (she?) got in front and I saw the name on the rear. I think it just had the 2x single exhaust tips so it wasn't the V6 but looked good in Alfa Red.

· Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
Ruby red Giulia spotted yesterday at Zürich airport. I guess I'm biased, because that's the color of my 159, but the Giulia does look stunningly classy in ruby red. :rotate:

· Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
Black Giulia spotted at Zürich airport. This one was really dirty (you all know what a black car looks like when it's dirty) - seems like the fresh owner is putting it into some great use!

· Registered
511 Posts
Spotted at around 11:15 today, a wine red/purple Giulia in Welch way shell Garage in Witney.

Car looked lovely, although I wasn't too keen on the colour of it.

I tried to give the driver a thumbs up but he wasn't looking at me.
Sorry symon, that was me; was that you in the new red Giulietta coming the other way? Apologies for failing to respond.
Colour is Monza Red, very lighting dependant, looks very different in sunshine, didn't want Alfa Red (again) but thought that as an Alfa, it needed to be some shade of red, didn't want black/grey/silver like Germans, thought Monza would be suitably subdued.

Excellent road car, T4 MAir, over the moon with it although only had it since last Friday.

· Registered
43,351 Posts
Sorry chaps, but I saw three Giulias today at the dealers and they continue to do nothing for me; a black standard one , the usual Blue/tan demo and the red QV. They just lack definition. Perhaps seeing one driving around will help me get it. A friend who knows a bit about the car tells me the wheels were designed in isolation from the Giulia and you can tell. The black one in the showroom with 17" thin spoked wheels looked quite unattractive.

· Registered
Giulia Quadrifoglio MY18
1,197 Posts
If I recall correctly, the designers specifically said they they designed wheels in conjuction with the body to give it better appearance (maybe they ment QF only). It seems you experience the same feelings about Giulia as I with Giulietta (and Mito to lesser extent).

· Registered
43,351 Posts
The QV wheels may well have been done for the Giulia. The rest were done in isolation by designers who'd never seen the car. The Giulia version of the 8C Spider wheel totally lacks love compared to the one on the Giulietta.
Be careful with the PR stuff. It doesn't necessarily relate to what happened or how it happened.

· Registered
42,969 Posts
I remember when the 159 came out I wasn't very keen on it. I thought the styling was a backward step from the 156.

Maybe the Giulia needs time to grow on you?

61 - 80 of 2615 Posts