Alfa Romeo Forum banner
41 - 60 of 2600 Posts

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
The mules were merely cut and welded Ghibli bodywork on top of the Giorgio platform.

According to Alfa, the Giorgio platform does not share components with Maserati. Whether you want to believe Alfa is a different story.

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
I think what cue2 means is that the Giulia (Giorgio platform) may, as a result of Maserati's mishap, actually have a better designed tie-rod than the Maserati has, because that experience is likely to have been shared internally.

·
Registered
Giulia Quadrifoglio Feb 2017 Alfa Rosso, Fiat 500e Apr 2021
2,532 Posts
Sad what a waste!

Thanks! Looks like someone needs to learn how to drive a high HP RWD car on summer tyres on a cold early European morning then! It would appaer its slid off the road and the wheels have been tucked under hitting a curb?
And probably using RACE mode before he'd learnt how the car handles.

Andy

·
Registered
699 Posts
Looking good in silver (silverstone grey)

·
Registered
2017 Guila 2.0 Tbi Lusso spec, 1972 S2 Spider Junior, wife drives 939 Spider, + Abarth 595
8,300 Posts
I cannot be bothered to argue with you David, you obviously know everything.....So here is a picture of the rear of the Car I saw in London yesterday.......it says Q2 on the rear, and this will be the last time I EVER post a picture on this site......Happy Now.......
The Q2 badge will probably mean it has the sports pack which includes the LSD. Mind you with a Q2 badge on the back end, the ignorant VAG lovers will think its an Audi modified version!

Reactions: n13roy

·
Registered
42,708 Posts
Had a look at the dealers Blue and Tan demonstrator this morning. A bit like a Chinese Jag. As it hasn't evolved from anything the details all look a bit like a big toy car. Looked shiny and a nice proportion.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Parked behind a Belgium plated (Liege Dealer logo on the side) Giulia (black with tan interior) in Maastricht today.
Just a gorgeous car, I hope AR sell enough to be profitable, but not so many to be common..

·
Registered
699 Posts
Just seen my first Giulia on the road on the M5 J9 slip road. Dark colour with xenon lights. Might be demonstrator but not close to dealer and a bit late in the day. Was driving past so didn't catch anything more than that.
LED/xenon make it look pretty menacing at night.
Gutted though as was hoping not to see any until I picked mine up.

·
Administrator
89,976 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
...and another white one seen in central Zürich yesterday.

Also, according to the local dealer, the Giulia saloon is currently the third most sold saloon in Switzerland - good news! :)

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Spotted a red Giulia in the car park at the Kassam stadium, Oxford this evening (I'm here for the Oxford v Macclesfield FA Cup replay). My GT 3.2 is usually the only Alfa here! Could not see the exact model (not a QV). First one I have seen and looked smaller than I was expecting... but looks good.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Spotted a red Giulia in the car park at the Kassam stadium, Oxford this evening (I'm here for the Oxford v Macclesfield FA Cup replay). My GT 3.2 is usually the only Alfa here! Could not see the exact model (not a QV). First one I have seen and looked smaller than I was expecting... but looks good.
Chris if you're at the Cotswold meet next Tuesday you could see one a bit closer ;)

41 - 60 of 2600 Posts