Alfa Romeo Forum banner
2181 - 2200 of 2251 Posts

·
Registered
Alfa 159 2.0 JTDm Lusso 6sp.
6,931 Posts
Drove from Chichester to Plymouth and back today to deliver a Swift Basecamp caravan...about 400 miles in total...so saw a few Giulias! One of the cleanest was a black one, poss a Veloce that followed me for a few miles in the Canford Bottom area. The most memorable was a tri coat red Quad....if you are the owner of this car and were driving it near Honiton you should be ashamed of yourself as you drive like a complete James Hunt! He overtook me and about three other cars and if the Audi driver coming the other way had not skimmed his tyres on the kerb he would have hit either the Audi or the last car he passed ....extremely close and very stupid. Hopefully he's too stupid to be a member here!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Alfa red Guilia of some sort followed me away from Donnington Park area to out toward the M42, I was in the red Spider, the Guilia is still sick.

·
Registered
Giulia Veloce Ti MY21
55 Posts
Spotted a Misano Blue Veloce South bound on the M5 yesterday. Now, people can do what they wish with their cars but this chap had Quad badges on the wings above the Veloce badge.

Not something I personally understand as those who know what a Quad is, would know that car wasn't a Quad and those not in the know, wouldn't know what that badge means anyway.

Either way, it was a lovely looking model and could tell it was looked after!

·
Registered
8,491 Posts
You don't need to have a V6-engined Alfa to have the Cloverleaf 'good luck' badges on it.
Plenty of Alfisti put them on their cars.

Reactions: alfaitalia

·
Registered
Giulia Veloce Ti MY21
55 Posts
Like I said, each to their own. The 4 leaf Clover represents good luck, but on an Alfa it usually represents their top tier model within the range. I could counter what you say about not needing a V6 engine by saying that it that were the case, you could spec the car to come with the badge directly from Alfa.

·
Registered
Giulia Veloce Ti MY21
55 Posts
I don't dispute that, but it isn't found on the 280 brake Giulia. For me, it's no different to sticking an M3 badge on a 4-pot 2.0 330i. Just an opinion gentlemen :)

·
Registered
8,491 Posts
The Cloverleaf badge debate has been done to death in countless threads on this forum.
Let's leave it there ;)

Reactions: bucketbot

·
Registered
60 Posts
21 plate Misano Blue Quad heading eastbound today on the M4. Spotted at around 11:30am.

Simply stunning and in the exact spec that I’m looking for. First time I’ve seen one in the wild, and it happened around 20 minutes after discussing how rare they are with my mate in the car haha.

·
Registered
6,931 Posts
I don't dispute that, but it isn't found on the 280 brake Giulia. For me, it's no different to sticking an M3 badge on a 4-pot 2.0 330i. Just an opinion gentlemen :)
Its nothing like that at all....look up your cloverleaf history. But as said, it's been discussed many times on here before so BOT.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Ultimately of course one is entirely free to stick whatever the f#*k you like on your own car! (y)

·
Registered
Giulia Veloce Ti MY21
55 Posts
Its nothing like that at all....look up your cloverleaf history. But as said, it's been discussed many times on here before so BOT.
Of course it's like that. You're choosing to ignore the fact that a Quadrifoglio badge, on a Giulia, denotes a Giulia Quadrifoglio. Selectively choosing parts of history, as in Alfa Romeo not being consistent in the use of the badge on other models, doesn't change that fact.

If you're going to quote history then, technically, the Quadrifoglio badge shouldn't be on any car unless it's part of an Alfa Romeo racing setup as that's where the badge started before going onto road production cars in the 60s.

I'm not arguing about what the badge means, I'm clear on that, I'm voicing an opinion that I don't understand why someone would put a Quad badge on a Veloce. As I stated in my initial post about the subject, people can do what they wish with their hump of metal on wheels, just as I also have the right to voice an opinion about it. Otherwise, we may as well delete the Barry Boy thread because hey, can't have or voice an opinion on other's tastes, right?

Plus it's not like I'm being elitist about it because I have a Quad, I also have a Veloce.

·
Registered
6,931 Posts
No....its not. An M3 is a specific model so putting a badge on another model that's not an M3 is wrong.....the QV badge might be on the Quad....but its NOT a Quad badge. A QV badge is not model specific....its been on everything from the mighty Giulia Quad down to 4 pot diesel models. Sometimes denoting the most powerful in the range....sometimes just on the top trim model. You would have to be some kind of fool to mistake any other Giulia as a Quad anyway!

...and yes I have got one on my 159 (just as I have on every ALFA before it). I'm not trying to say it's anything more than it is.....especially as the QV was never used on any 159! But I like it, it's my car and since it's never broken down or been crashed it seems to be working!

yes.....its an opinion....an incorrect one....but one you are perfectly entitled too!!! ....anyway, as said before lets get back on topic.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
A lovely Misano Blue Veloce (minus Cloverleaf) parked up at the Trafford Centre. It did have an AROC sticker in the window. 👍

·
Registered
Giulia Quadrifoglio MY20
1,231 Posts
2 Alfa Red (what looked like) Veloces heading east on A66, north of Yorkshire Dales, between 14.00 and 15.00 yesterday. Wasn't in my Quad so didn't flash or wave.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,931 Posts
Not one but two, one blue in front of me and a white one two cars behind me on the A259 near Littlehampton this PM...add that to the mint 147 coming the other way and that was four fully functioning ALFAs on the same short piece of road at the same time....and whilst in my view none of them broke down. I'm just off to phone the Guinness book of records!

Reactions: A1faQF
2181 - 2200 of 2251 Posts