Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
41,873 Posts
Sharing Harald Wester as boss and the general practice of part-sharing makes me suspect they would avoid inventing new components if they could.

·
Registered
41,873 Posts
Had a look at the dealers Blue and Tan demonstrator this morning. A bit like a Chinese Jag. As it hasn't evolved from anything the details all look a bit like a big toy car. Looked shiny and a nice proportion.

·
Registered
41,873 Posts
Sorry chaps, but I saw three Giulias today at the dealers and they continue to do nothing for me; a black standard one , the usual Blue/tan demo and the red QV. They just lack definition. Perhaps seeing one driving around will help me get it. A friend who knows a bit about the car tells me the wheels were designed in isolation from the Giulia and you can tell. The black one in the showroom with 17" thin spoked wheels looked quite unattractive.

·
Registered
41,873 Posts
The QV wheels may well have been done for the Giulia. The rest were done in isolation by designers who'd never seen the car. The Giulia version of the 8C Spider wheel totally lacks love compared to the one on the Giulietta.
Be careful with the PR stuff. It doesn't necessarily relate to what happened or how it happened.

·
Registered
41,873 Posts
Looking forward to seeing a Giulia out of captivity soon!
The last two I saw were blocking the showroom exit for my Giulietta recently so they were moved, but not while I was looking.

·
Registered
41,873 Posts
Saw a whole load of Giulias last Friday. I was at Geneva show. Interesting to see the Dodge Charger the other side of the dividing wall of the FCA stand. Stylistically they seem related but the Dodge is quite chunky , with a similar nose cone setup for the front bumper. Its replacement is to be Giorgio based like the Giulia.

·
Registered
41,873 Posts
Saw what I thought initially was a basic A4 or 3 Series on the motorway this morning but as I got closer realised was a dark blue Giulia on 17" wheels. Alfa should avoid selling low spec Giulias with small wheels as this did nothing to promote the car.

·
Registered
41,873 Posts
The only QV I've seen away from the dealers forecourts was the same. I don't register until it'd almost gone. I think that's why people stare at them in a kind of spot the difference competition with a three series!

1 - 20 of 144 Posts