Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am really trying to like my Giulietta, but
when the gear knob top falls off in my hand,
and the fan starts emitting a whirring sound like there is a piece of paper stuck in it
and the beautiful Giulietta badge so lovingly designed is stuck on skew by some monkey at the factory
and the dashboard has more rattles than a Russian Lada,
not even 10,000km old yet.
I am a fan, had a 1972 Junior, a 145, and a sport wagon, and none were built this badly.
Maybe I should superglue the whole dashboard together. :)

Come on Alfa Romeo, don't let us down.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
had one dashboard rattle on a JTDm2 at about 7,000 miles. Suffered for 10,000 miles. Took it to Palmers and they fixed it in 2 minutes: heatshield vibration transmitted through tunnel so it sounded like the dash was loose

they also exchanged the gear knob that had broken in half

total cost = £0

no rattles or noises at all in the replacement G QV though :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
My Giulietta actually had a piece of paper stuck in the fan! The car was brand new and it sounded like it was near "take off"!
On my wifes Mito a dried leaf from a tree had come into the fan making lots of noise. How this is possible? Well, don't ask me!

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Well trees have leaves. In the autumn leaves fall off the trees. If you park under the trees the leaves fall into your car. As they get brittle they break into smaller pieces and get sucked into the air intake, or pushed in at speed depending on the aero around the intake.

Then your fan makes noise ;)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well, you are close, but not that close ;)
The leaf had not broken into smaller parts. But it had become crumpled like a small pipe, 3-4 cm long and 1 cm in diameter.

T

·
0 Posts
The Giulietta passed 25,000 kms yesterday, and there are no rattles anywhere, no creaking, nothing that have fallen off and no obvious quality issues. The only little thing is that she's thirsty as hell, but that's probably because I drive her like a maniac all the effing time.

·
Registered
34,381 Posts
Agentsmurf your member car is a Mitsubishi?
Anyway,when the top of the gearknob came loose I bought the carbon fibre as a replacement which was fitted by the dealer.They gave me the original one they removed and it's a pretty substantial thing,except for those clips holding the top on.I found it was fine when secured with BLUTACK.
The new top came in a box calling it a "lens" incidentally.

·
Registered
230 Posts
The Giulietta passed 25,000 kms yesterday, and there are no rattles anywhere, no creaking, nothing that have fallen off and no obvious quality issues. The only little thing is that she's thirsty as hell, but that's probably because I drive her like a maniac all the effing time.
12000 miles done with mine now and also not a single squeak, rattle or problem. By this point in my BM 1 series life it had been back to the dealer twice.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I got mine on Thursday and imediately noticed a rattle from the passenger door card. I took it back in today, they gave me sterling customer service, and sorted the problem out while I waited.
I also got some advice on removing the headunit incase I wanna fit my sub.
Happy chap :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK OK, so i also went back to the dealer, they fixed the door rattle, replaced the gear knob thingy, ordered a new badge. Quick and effiecient.
And i plugged the rattles with carefully placed pieces of paper.
Now she is silent.
happiness.
Also found a good cure for the door creaking, put some baby oil on the seals, doesn't react with the rubber.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts