Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Clare's car needed some cosmetic TLC to go with some work it had done over the last week (two new door check straps & the horrid hatch creak sorted). As the 500 has sent it into semi-retirement, today was the day:D

Spent a little over four hours on it. Knackered now but pleased with the results:cool:

·
Registered
989 Posts
Looks wicked. When you say the horrid hatch creak, do you mean the boot rattle or the plastic creaking and making a racket. My boot doesn't rattle but I deffo have the hatch creak, every bump and tight turn it creaks and it's doing my head in! If it was the same as mine, how did you resolve it please?

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks. Not bad for a 2005 motor with 87k on it:D

The aforementioned creak was a plastic / metallic crack. A few dealers & an Indy had a go at it, applying the official fix but to no avail.

I hated the car as a result but Steve Rush, the DET & general miracle worker at Guests in Knowle sorted it and it's transformed the the cars enjoyment.

Just some rear disks needed now & an attempt to get to the bottom of a drivers side front clonk when moving slowly forward or backwards.

Suspects are brake pads moving in the calliper or bottom ball joint.

Car is a keeper now for sure so WiP:D

·
Registered
6,455 Posts
Looks good :thumbs:

Bet you took her out for a spin afterwards! :flirt:

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks good :thumbs:

Bet you took her out for a spin afterwards! :flirt:
Might have:p Anything to hear that Wizzard exhaust:wow:

Did the underbonnet too:)

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My GT is same red but no where near as shiny! What did you use to get such a good shine?
A combination of Autoglym products:thumbs:

I've always kept her clean since day one:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts