87,595 Posts
=========================
Thread Moved To Rant Room
=========================​

:evil:​

·
Registered
15,299 Posts
The reason there are certain lounges where certain topics are discussed is so that the site is kept tidy, and people can easily find subject matters that they want to read and/or post about.

If subjects were scattered all over the site then it would quickly become a mess; no-body could find the subjects they're interested in and people would probably get fed up with it pretty quick.

If we all had our own 'thread area' then there would be so many thread areas that the site would become unmanageable
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
13,001 Posts
On the serious side as Kevin says

·
Registered
15,172 Posts
We usually ignore people posting in a thread commenting on where it should be.
You should do to.

If a post is moved, it will have been moved by a mod's independent mind or acted upon by a report generated by a member reporting the post to us via the 'Report Post' button under the posters info on the left. :)

For instance - this thread SHOULD be in Announcements/Comments as it contains information relevant to comments about the site but I'll leave it here for you...for now. ;) ;)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The reason there are certain lounges where certain topics are discussed is so that the site is kept tidy, and people can easily find subject matters that they want to read and/or post about.

If subjects were scattered all over the site then it would quickly become a mess; no-body could find the subjects they're interested in and people would probably get fed up with it pretty quick.

If we all had our own 'thread area' then there would be so many thread areas that the site would become unmanageable
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I dont really know enough about running a site..so i will bow to u r

opinion...sometimes it feels as if u r restricted to forums...if somebody

wanted to find out about a subject...they could do a search and all

the subjects would be available to them...am i wrong

·
Registered
15,299 Posts
I dont really know enough about running a site..so i will bow to u r

opinion...sometimes it feels as if u r restricted to forums...if somebody

wanted to find out about a subject...they could do a search and all

the subjects would be available to them...am i wrong
Doing searches for subjects would soon turn out to be very laborious if you had to do it every time. Furthermore some subjects, that are collected under the individual forum lounges, would not always appear in a 'normal' search

D

·
0 Posts
I agree to an extent, but, and don't hate me, why IS this in a Scotland room? :confused: Is that to stamp back at the people who say why's this and that in which rooms etc? If so, then brilliant.

I mean, I get the fact that it annoys you when people say what rooms certain topics should be in, but if I have a problem with my master cylinder, why would I post in in The South West section of the forum? :confused:

·
Registered
10,915 Posts
I agree to an extent, but, and don't hate me, why IS this in a Scotland room? :confused: Is that to stamp back at the people who say why's this and that in which rooms etc? If so, then brilliant.

I mean, I get the fact that it annoys you when people say what rooms certain topics should be in, but if I have a problem with my master cylinder, why would I post in in The South West section of the forum? :confused:
Listen all you incomers to the SS section

The party is in the NS section....Nae polis there ...in fact theres naebody there......Lets all move there.:cheese: :cheese:

Pomeo

·
Administrator
23,070 Posts
.... but if I have a problem with my master cylinder, why would I post in in The South West section of the forum? :confused:
Indeed - looking from the top of your car the master cylinder should be in the West North West section.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Doing searches for subjects would soon turn out to be very laborious if you had to do it every time. Furthermore some subjects, that are collected under the individual forum lounges, would not always appear in a 'normal' search
so if there was a scottish lounge

an irish lounge

a welsh lounge

an english lounge

so if i never found out what i wanted in the 1st lounge

i would do a search on the other 3..to find out what i wanted.

is that logical..

·
Registered
15,299 Posts

an irish lounge

a welsh lounge

an english lounge

is that logical..
Well if you searched somewhere and didn't find something it would be logical to search somewhere else; it would be illogical to re-search in the same place unless you thought you hadn't originally done a good job

·
Registered
10,915 Posts

an irish lounge

a welsh lounge

an english lounge

is that logical..
Yep sure is BUT The search searches all unless you opt out:tut:

The real job for the forum polis is to ensure that the location field is appropriately filled in. As the laws,rules and regulations vary for different parts of the UK never mind the variation in the rest of the world....

I see that Stu the flat has chage his location from Glasgow to united Kingdom since a discussion is Glasgow going down the tubes.

..we are a diverse bunch joined by 1 common bond.it begins with A

A tube of superglue.:cheese:

Pomeo

·
Premium Member
13,135 Posts
Ello, ello, ello..... What's goin on eer then..... ? Evnin all :BB Bat:

There was this Scotts Lounge, English Lounge and Irish Lounge...... :lol:

·
Registered
15,686 Posts
Ello, ello, ello..... What's goin on eer then..... ? Evnin all :BB Bat: