Alfa Romeo Forum banner

31021 - 31040 of 31085 Posts

·
Administrator
45,547 Posts
I was wondering whether to pick Leipzig - on the basis that everyone hates them too. :D

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,410 Posts
Not Eintracht Frankfurt? I'm disappointed ;-)

I've been enjoying all the United re-runs of classic matches on the app and website. Brings back memories, even from this season before it stopped. New ones voted for every couple of days but also available on free catchup (so long as you want to see a United win I think!)
I’ve been enjoying the Blackburn reruns on their channel. We’ve had a decent run too, played 11 or so matches and won 11. We lost last night though, 2-1 away to Liverpool, 25 years to the day, but it was acceptable in the end because we came away with the Premier League trophy 😃 I’m almost certain that United won’t have been replaying their game away to WHU on the same day 😂

Incidentally, it still remains (for now) the only time Anfield has seen a PL trophy

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
I'm thinking maybe Bayer Leverkusen as an excuse to see what Kai Havertz is really like (i.e. in comparison to his Football Manager persona!)

Or Dortmund for Haaland and Sancho... but Klopp has tainted them ;-)

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Come on Hertha you're against a team that's conceded 31 at home this season. Come on The Hot Dogs (no idea on their nickname but it's my new one!!)

·
Registered
14,808 Posts
There was a thing on earlier showing classic world cup games. One was Holland v Argentina at France '98. I'd forgotten Bergkamp's goal and just how good he was.

There's a bit of "Are you watching, Steven Gerrard?" about De Boer's pass which covers almost the length and width of the pitch but the way Bergkamp controls it and puts it away is something else.

·
Registered
9,095 Posts
1 - 3 victory for Monchengladbach against Frankfurt. A good start to my Bundesliga interest. A deserved win and a good game. It did make me realise that playing to an empty stadium really negates home-team advantage.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
It's a bit eerie when you can hear the players and coaches. Might be fun at teatime on TV when the prem returns. A few "what did he just say?" and "Dad what does that word mean!" conversations.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
1 - 3 victory for Monchengladbach against Frankfurt. A good start to my Bundesliga interest. A deserved win and a good game. It did make me realise that playing to an empty stadium really negates home-team advantage.
It's one of the reasons teams at the bottom don't want to risk playing at neutral venues...

·
Registered
9,095 Posts
Just noticed - there are no ball boys. There are loads of balls placed around the edge of the field so the players don't have to go too far when the ball goes out of play.

·
Registered
14,808 Posts
I hope England do well against the Scots tonight (ITV Euro 96)! After their penalty defeat to Argentina earlier today (BBC Red Button WC 98) !!🙂
Excellent result and a fine goal by Gazza. What I found astonishing was the way that the tackles were flying in but players were just getting up and carrying on. The only times they didn't I think were when Durie was pouring blood (but returned to the pitch once bandaged and kept going for headers) and when Rednapp went off.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
I thought the same thing. And I also thought with the TV coverage so few replays of fouls and offsides that the whole thing seemed quicker. Less waffling on. No debates on was his toe offside, no hysterics about the penalty decision. Even though it wasn't a pen.

31021 - 31040 of 31085 Posts