Alfa Romeo Forum banner

30941 - 30960 of 30961 Posts

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,380 Posts
I very much hope that all those Fulham fans I know who are hoping to get promoted this year were watching today's "game" with City.
Hopefully makes it clear to us all that last year's relegation wasn't an anomaly and that we are absolutely not in any way better than we were last year.
Several seasons of hardening up the squad (particularly the defence) before we should venture anywhere near the Prem again.
This sentiment is why I don’t want my Blackburn going up either, not that we will. The majority of our fans want PL football, who doesn’t? The harsh reality is that we are nowhere near ready for it, we’re barely ready for the championship!
PL football is great as long as it’s sustainable. We would be battered week in, week out and Mogga would get the boot, then we’re about 18 steps behind where we are now.
Nah, I’d like to see PL footy back at Ewood, but not until we look remotely ready, thanks

·
Registered
7,075 Posts
Right - as far as I can tell Leeds are now on a specific and dedicated mission to try to get Fulham automatically promoted instead of them.

Please pack it in. It must be someone else's turn to go up and get bolloxed for a year in the Prem. We took our medicine last year, Villa and Naaarch are getting theirs this year - so it's only right that Leeds and West Brom take one for the team too.

Buck up, man up, and take your promotion medicine please. That is all.

·
Administrator
45,161 Posts
Can all the pundits talking about what a misjudgement it was playing Bruno so deep acknowledge that it was probably because he was the only thing close to a central midfielder we had available to play next to Fred?

I'm (reasonably) sure that next game will see Matic there and Bruno further forward.

·
Registered
7,075 Posts
Can all the pundits talking about what a misjudgement it was playing Bruno so deep acknowledge that it was probably because he was the only thing close to a central midfielder we had available to play next to Fred?

I'm (reasonably) sure that next game will see Matic there and Bruno further forward.
For what it is worth, I thought he looked pretty decent at the weekend.

·
Administrator
45,161 Posts
We'll soon knock that out of him. ;)

·
Registered
14,502 Posts

I think it would be most pleasing if pretty much all of the pundits (apart from Neville) just ****ed off somewhere else.

They were at it last week after the Carabao cup 2nd leg. They asked the players if losing the second leg tainted the result and got a sort of "eh?" result. They asked Pep and he got a bit pissy, as he does when asked silly bloody questions. You play over 2 legs and the aggregate score decides it. If we knock Real out of the champs league having won one and lost one, will they ask the same question?

And if I hear Carragher call Salah a little dancer one more time I'm going to vomit on my Georgi Kinkladze pajamas.

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
Right - as far as I can tell Leeds are now on a specific and dedicated mission to try to get Fulham automatically promoted instead of them.

Please pack it in. It must be someone else's turn to go up and get bolloxed for a year in the Prem. We took our medicine last year, Villa and Naaarch are getting theirs this year - so it's only right that Leeds and West Brom take one for the team too.

Buck up, man up, and take your promotion medicine please. That is all.
One day I will fathom why I decided to support this frustrating rollercoaster of a team.....

·
Registered
7,075 Posts
Just watching Millwall v Fulham on Sky. It's a crazy game with chances all over the place, 2 goals (Millwall's laughably 2 yards offside) and a missed pen and we are only 25 mins in.

The championship is like the Wild West. Hilarious. God only knows what the score will be at 90 mins....

·
Registered
12,961 Posts
I found this to be an interesting article, mostly for the revelation (to me at least) that "DFB laws state German clubs must operate on a "50+1" rule, meaning members - essentially fans - own the majority of shares and can influence decisions such as ticket prices.". We can only wish for that in the UK.

·
Administrator
45,161 Posts

They were at it again at the weekend. Ole has dropped Lingard and Pereira (apparently. I'm not sure one game is proof of this) and immediately the cry is 'why wasn't this done earlier?' Well it's because we have new players and others returning from injury so we actually have the option now.

Oh, and questioning not playing Bailly. The injury prone defender who has just played for the first time in a year. I can't think of any reason why you wouldn't then play him continually until he breaks down, can you?

·
Registered
14,502 Posts
They all talk ******** constantly. Bloody Savage last night on Napoli v Barca. Wittering about Barca's lack of any cutting edge and about how they weren't really threatening. Until they scored, when the previous lack of cutting edge became excellent, really patient build up play.

He gets paid for that tosh.

·
Administrator
45,161 Posts
What do we think about Barca being allowed to sign a striker outside the window because they're short of strikers - but the team they bought him from, who is now short of strikers, not being allowed to?
The team in question were not allowed to deny the transfer to avoid losing a striker, because the release clause was triggered.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
WE WON LAST NIGHT!!!!! 10 games without a win and then the Super White Army hit flood ravaged Shrewsbury and after being pegged back from 2-0, a 90+5 winner ensured we closed the gap on AFC Wimbledon to 5 points. We are staying up!!!!

My thoughts to all those in Shrewsbury and Ironbridge at the moment. I was in Ironbridge on Sunday for work all this week in the area, but that was cancelled. Levels were OK on Sunday but had risen again by Monday morning and its just continued to go up. Defenses can only do so much but even they are overwhelmed by such continued rain.

·
Registered
12,961 Posts
What do we think about Barca being allowed to sign a striker outside the window because they're short of strikers - but the team they bought him from, who is now short of strikers, not being allowed to?
The team in question were not allowed to deny the transfer to avoid losing a striker, because the release clause was triggered.
It stinks. Do you know who santioned this? The Spanish FA? EUFA? FIFA?

Also, if you were fishing for someone to say "it's one rule for them and another for everyone else.", you have caught a 20 pounder.

·
Registered
14,502 Posts
It stinks. Do you know who santioned this? The Spanish FA? EUFA? FIFA?

Also, if you were fishing for someone to say "it's one rule for them and another for everyone else.", you have caught a 20 pounder.
I try to avoid saying things like that because it really smacks of whataboutery but........

30941 - 30960 of 30961 Posts