30921 - 30940 of 30961 Posts

·
Administrator
45,161 Posts
What an absolute bunch of assclowns.

·
Premium Member
77,205 Posts
In other news, does anyone know exactly what a Bruno Fernandes is?
I've read loads of impressive stats which might be interpreted to support the notion that this lad is the top attacking midfielder in Portugal, and worth the money.

Two points

1) he's a dead ringer for Marlon Dingle; and
2) why hasn't a big club snapped him up?

·
Administrator
45,161 Posts
Regarding 2), couldn't you make that point about every player who has ever been bought ever? Or do you mean specifically at his horrendously advanced ago of 25?

As a general answer, he was snapped up, went to Italy, didn't set the world alight, and returned to Portugal.

The United scouting network say that they have seen a new maturity in him this season and think he is ready for the big time again.

And who would doubt our scouts? ;)

·
Administrator
45,161 Posts
Whether he is truly good enough is one question. But:
1) He's got to be better as a number 10 than Mata, Lingard and Pereira are currently managing, hasn't he?
2) At the moment, we desperately need numbers anyway!
3) One thing it appears he can do, which we are sorely missing, is play both short and long passes which are accurate and create chances.

At the moment, there's only Pogba and Mata who you'd say can do that regularly. Mata less regularly because he hasn't got the legs to be in the right place to get the opportunity. Pereira I ould say technically can do this - but he rarely seems to spot the opportunity, too often plays the wrong ball.

As an aside, I think both Fred and McTominay can be more creative than they've shown so far in the long term. But I'm generally overly optimistic about most things.

·
Registered
14,502 Posts
I read earlier that Sanchez is going to return and will prove everyone wrong.

·
Administrator
45,161 Posts
I read earlier that Sanchez is going to return and will prove everyone wrong.
We're trying to have a moment of positivity here, don't ruin it.

·
Registered
24,531 Posts
The Sanchez returning comment by Ole was baffling. His time in Italy has only further underscored the suspicion that he's a busted flush but we lost out by going "all in" for him.

Nice for us to beat City again last night but it was somewhat hollow insofar as they were clearly far higher quality and we didn't win the tie. Nonetheless there were surprisingly long tranches of the game when you'd argue we were pressuring City's defence and they looked quite worried. Pep certainly did with some of his demented flapping and clapping! :LOL:

It was probably more important for OGS's battered looking win stat's that we got a result too.

Matic's yellows, especially the second which couldn't have been softer, shows how we have to learn from City in the dark art of the perfect tactical foul as they managed to get away with lots without censure from the ref who must be able to see them as clearly as everyone else watching?

·
Registered
7,075 Posts
Just watching a rather 1 sided championship game on Sky (Derby 4-0 Stoke) with Rooney playing for Derby.

He's had a decent game, few good touches etc - but he just stuck a very good free kick into the top corner, to which the somewhat over excited commentator said it was a great goal by a player "at the absolute peak of their game"....

Now I would have a stab that probably, just probably, Rooney circa 2009/2010 was slightly more "peak" than the 2020 version having a bit of a stroll round the centre circle in the championship. Probably.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Get in!!
A bit of a surprise but great news that Andy Cookie Monster Cook is back at Tranmere!! Hope he's still the goal machine he used to be. Even half his usual season goal tally will see us safe.
3 decent strikers now. Shame he cany play against Bolton tomorrow

Super White Army!!

·
Registered
12,961 Posts
Always good to have a legend back, as long as he is no longer past his prime (viz Fred's post about Rooney, above). We're currently three goals to one down against West Ham. That seems to sum up our season at the moment....

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Good fight bac
Always good to have a legend back, as long as he is no longer past his prime (viz Fred's post about Rooney, above). We're currently three goals to one down against West Ham. That seems to sum up our season at the moment....
Good fight back starkers. Praying Tranmere can do the same.

30921 - 30940 of 30961 Posts