Alfa Romeo Forum banner

30901 - 30920 of 30961 Posts

·
Registered
14,502 Posts
He's been hugely impressive against City. I think he's put 3 past us this season.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Bring on the Mancs

Welcome to Prenton Park and our lovely smooth grassy pitch. Ahh no its not quite that! A great leveller (and other clichés)

·
Administrator
45,161 Posts
The mistake was that you made us play on a pitch which favoured the worse team. ;)

·
Registered
7,075 Posts
I very much hope that all those Fulham fans I know who are hoping to get promoted this year were watching today's "game" with City.
Hopefully makes it clear to us all that last year's relegation wasn't an anomaly and that we are absolutely not in any way better than we were last year.
Several seasons of hardening up the squad (particularly the defence) before we should venture anywhere near the Prem again.

·
Registered
11,153 Posts
I very much hope that all those Fulham fans I know who are hoping to get promoted this year were watching today's "game" with City.
Hopefully makes it clear to us all that last year's relegation wasn't an anomaly and that we are absolutely not in any way better than we were last year.
Several seasons of hardening up the squad (particularly the defence) before we should venture anywhere near the Prem again.
Indeed.
My only proviso would be that the (questionable?) financial benefits of a season in the Premiership, should perhaps be considered and weighed up alongside the pain and humiliation of likely match results on a weekly basis?

·
Registered
24,531 Posts
I guess we can say United have found their level. And that appears to be lower League One :LOL:
Still it was the archetypal "banana skin" and everything was lined up for us to fail. From the comments coming out of Tranmere they obviously fancied their chances quite strongly.

I'm particularly pleased for their gobby goalie (whose comments were always going to fire up the team and fans) as he conceded six goals from six different players from our first six shots on target!

We'll be feeling the bump as we come back down to earth midweek against Citeh.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
I guess we can say United have found their level. And that appears to be lower League One :LOL:
Still it was the archetypal "banana skin" and everything was lined up for us to fail. From the comments coming out of Tranmere they obviously fancied their chances quite strongly.

I'm particularly pleased for their gobby goalie (whose comments were always going to fire up the team and fans) as he conceded six goals from six different players from our first six shots on target!

We'll be feeling the bump as we come back down to earth midweek against Citeh.
Yeah, not the smartest move!! Even Phil Jones got in on the goal scoring act! (Seems the Man U fans I know found this particularly funny :()

·
Registered
24,531 Posts
Anyone noticed lanky Haaland knocking in 5 in his 1st 2 matches for Dortmund?

In about 57 minutes on the pitch apparently.
Look at what we could have won. :cautious:
Still, I basically accept that Raiola and Haaland Sr were after a big payout and would have done "a Pogba" with him on us.

·
Registered
14,502 Posts
Big thumbs up to the United "fans" in balaclavas who attacked Ed Woodward's house with fireworks last night. Very brave lads, very brave indeed.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Big thumbs up to the United "fans" in balaclavas who attacked Ed Woodward's house with fireworks last night. Very brave lads, very brave indeed.
Probably some of the ones singing on Sunday at Tranmere about killing him and wanting the Glazers out too.

Prison sentences await if caught anf found guilty. This goes beyond football hooliganism.

·
Registered
24,531 Posts
That was a disgrace. It makes you embarrassed that even in some tenuous way through their supposed "support" there might be the slightest connection with one as a fan.

No matter what we think of the Glazers sucking the blood and profit out of the club and Woodward as their placeman, this is not the way to protest at all. Ever.

30901 - 30920 of 30961 Posts