Alfa Romeo Forum banner

30861 - 30880 of 30954 Posts

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I bet all the Italian players who have been the victims of racist chants and abuse will be pleased their authorities are taking the problem so seriously and starting a campaign...........or maybe not o_O

·
Registered
24,531 Posts
I bet all the Italian players who have been the victims of racist chants and abuse will be pleased their authorities are taking the problem so seriously and starting a campaign...........or maybe not o_O

It really was an unbelievably poor, utterly stupid choice of theme. The artist may have intended some deep intellectual message around the eye colours and facial shadings to represent nationalities but frankly that is likely to be lost on the morons who make monkey noises and abusive chants at players.

·
Registered
14,488 Posts
Total lunacy at molineux tonight. I know everyone has an opinion on VAR, and I suspect that for most of us, sometimes we like it more than others. However, rather than slagging it off, I would suggest that Michael Owen, Jim Beglin, and others of their ilk should be praising it. It has, after all, given them another facet of the game to talk utter ******** about.

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,380 Posts
Remember a couple of years ago when City blew everyone away and lost one game all season while in the process amassing 100 points, everyone said they were the best side in history and this feat will never be matched, let alone bettered?

Step forward Liverpool, and that’s the nicest thing you’ll ever catch me saying about the orrible lot. They are quite something at the moment

·
Registered
14,488 Posts
Remember a couple of years ago when City blew everyone away and lost one game all season while in the process amassing 100 points, everyone said they were the best side in history and this feat will never be matched, let alone bettered?

Step forward Liverpool, and that’s the nicest thing you’ll ever catch me saying about the orrible lot. They are quite something at the moment
You're not wrong.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I'm confident that Liverpool will knack it up.

(no I'm not)
I'm not confident we won't knack it up ,and will continue to be so until mathematics says we can't.While form points to it being unlikely Liverpool will drop enough points for anyone to catch them,even if someone won all their remaining matches,form also wouldn't have predicted City dropping so many points in the first half of the season.
Having just 2 central defenders fit is a worry,and it also means TAA and Robertson aren't getting any rests

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
I fear our stay in League 1 will be just a one season wonder!! :unsure:

But where there's life there's still hope. Come on the Super White Army

·
Premium Member
77,202 Posts
I'm not confident we won't knack it up ,and will continue to be so until mathematics says we can't.While form points to it being unlikely Liverpool will drop enough points for anyone to catch them,even if someone won all their remaining matches,form also wouldn't have predicted City dropping so many points in the first half of the season.
Having just 2 central defenders fit is a worry,and it also means TAA and Robertson aren't getting any rests
That is what I cling to (injuries). Wasn't that long ago that full back was your weak spot (along with centre half). Astute purchases have been key, along with the outstanding development of TAA. A good clattering or two (maybe in the cup) might cause a problem in supply of goals.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Other than Kieta picking up a knock in the warm-up (he's been excellent recently) that was a textbook performance tonight,Sheffield not given a look-in. 12 months unbeaten :)

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Please note, I am currently hibernating from talking about United... but if we actually buy a midfielder and possibly a striker, then I may come back...

That said, I want to just put the following out there. Fred... go back, I said he was worth one more chance. He's looking so much better and with McTominay we actually have a balanced midfield. With McT injured for c6-8 wks that makes a purchase all the more important. McT has continued to grow in importance from last season, Matic has continued his decline overall. I'd happily see him leave with someone else coming in. I'd also be tempted to send Lingard out on loan for the rest of the season to someone who can give him more gametime. I've heard of the off-field difficulties but they have affected performances and I'd pick Pereira/Greenwood over him at the moment (or Pogba if he could be bothered to get bloomin' fit!) Of course Pogba's will he/won't he leave saga will continue. If he goes, we need 2 midfielders. I don't think the other youngsters are there yet. And finally, Williams has looked very good as well. I feel the general defence set up is good enough overall (yes, the odd mistake is there, but if Bailly completes his recovery and vies with Jones as backup up, Wan Bissaka, Shaw, B Williams and Dalot will do for full-back cover (and I suppose Young until the summer if he must).

Maybe Kai Havertz. Not an old-old forward (although I'd have taken Zlatan on a 6mth contract).

Returning to hibernation (probably) now!

·
Registered
14,488 Posts
If they weren't Liverpool, I'd be quite enjoying watching them at the moment. Very impressive the other night, not giving the blades a sniff and making it all look rather easy.

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
I hate to say it......but the Premier League really is a bore now....it's already over....I like to see good competition...not Liverpool's fault.....sad to say Arsenal v Man Utd match midweek was virtually an irrelevance..
I am watching other leagues this season : Championship,Bundesliga and Serie A this season.....it's entertainment.

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Any players you think would work well in the prem? Either agreeing with those in the press or those you've seen that have really impressed you?

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
If they weren't Liverpool, I'd be quite enjoying watching them at the moment. Very impressive the other night, not giving the blades a sniff and making it all look rather easy.
I think a lot of teams are beaten by Liverpool before a ball has been kicked right now .Used to see it against the best Utd,City and Arsenal teams (City have only lost it over the last couple of months because teams can see their defence can be got at)
Leicester,Wolves and Sheffield over Christmas should have been hard,Wolves put up a bit of a fight,but none of them put out their best team.Wolves and Sheffield seemed to be much more commited v City than the were against 'pool.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Well that was a turn up for the books! Great come back from a very poor 1st half.

Welcome to Prenton Park Watford I'm sure you'll love our smooth pitch (no wait it's as bit rough!!)

PS why can't we play like we did in the 2nd half all the times?? We wouldn't be in the bottom 4!!
_44936633_tranmere_226.jpg

30861 - 30880 of 30954 Posts