Alfa Romeo Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
That sucks dude.

I'd take her if I could import cars into SA. 2200 is less than what it cost to fix my 2001 147's motor and I need a 4 door now. She'd be worth at least €6200 over here.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
wonder how much a ferry is to SA!!! hehehe!

·
Registered
80 Posts
well just had the first guy come today & test the car, me thinks he likes it, but he's gonna test another two tomorrow, both from dealerships, so both will have some kind of warranty (but they are more expensive). it'll be interesting to see if he comes back to me.
But hopefully i'll still have the other guy test the car tomorrow. I hate this messing about, & i really hate selling her!
I'd be very surprised if there was 1, never mind 2, 166's in Dealerships, who would be prepared to give a warranty.

·
Registered
731 Posts
got a call from the bloke who was supposed to be coming today to say max he could offer was €1500, so he won't be test driving it, mind you at least he said that before taking the car for a spin!

I'd snap his hand off if I were you!
They can be got for next to nothing in the trade anywhere unfortunately. I've bought 3 so far this year for less than that (for the 3). In fairness they needed some work, which I'm working through now.
I've sold one, keeping one as a daily and have someone lined up for the third.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I'd be very surprised if there was 1, never mind 2, 166's in Dealerships, who would be prepared to give a warranty.
Absolutely correct - no way they'd give a warranty on a 10 year old 166. Even an ICS code issue or a fan control actuator could put them in the red!

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
I'd snap his hand off if I were you!
They can be got for next to nothing in the trade anywhere unfortunately. I've bought 3 so far this year for less than that (for the 3). In fairness they needed some work, which I'm working through now.
I've sold one, keeping one as a daily and have someone lined up for the third.
Hey Morgan, TBH i'm in no hurry to sell it, & if i never sell it would suit me fine, sure its costs like tax & petrol are taking more than i'd like out of my salary (since there's only one in the house now) but nothing i can't manage.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Absolutely correct - no way they'd give a warranty on a 10 year old 166. Even an ICS code issue or a fan control actuator could put them in the red!
very true, hadn't thought about that. None the less, the guy who took it yesterday for a drive hasn't phoned me back today, so i guess i know how that went!

41 - 48 of 48 Posts