Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
4,623 Posts
I love it when they call me saying they're a company buying a car for a customer etc... I like taking the **** out of yer man until he hangs up :lol:

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Just put the car up on Octane.ie

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
cool. & am i right in thinking Octane is free??

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
well the car has been up on Octane one day & i have a guy (hopefully) coming to view it tomorrow! I'm asking €2200 for it, whats a reasonable offer/amount??

·
Registered
6,740 Posts
He'll offer 1500, you say can't take less than 2k, stettle for 1900 or 1850, assuming you priced it with that kind of price in mind, it is defo worth that, it is a heck of a lot of car for that amount, and let him know that. Best of luck :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
cheers, approx 1900 was the kind of figure i had in mind not to go below. thats assuming he turns up & actually wants to buy the car :)

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
well the guy didn't turn up today, but he did call to say he got delayed & would be over on Tuesday. He sounds like a really good bloke, has owned 2 'Suds!

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
yep that's exactly what i'm going to do.
Have since had another call, but sadly the guy was in Dublin & didn't realise i wasn't!! he's been finding it hard to get a decent 156, & thought about the 166, but i reckon he won't drive to Longford to have a look at mine.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
yep that's exactly what i'm going to do.
Have since had another call, but sadly the guy was in Dublin & didn't realise i wasn't!! he's been finding it hard to get a decent 156, & thought about the 166, but i reckon he won't drive to Longford to have a look at mine.

Fancy telling him yo know a lovely black one?? :)

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
erm,let me think about it...........:cheese:

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
well, in anticipation of Tuesday when she could be taken by another, i took her for a spin down the back roads in Longford, came home & cleaned every inch of her. Wow the 166 is some beauty (as i've washed her its now raining ofcourse!!). Damn you recession!

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
you should have told the lad in Dub u could meet him halfway!! I think to generate sales in this market your gonna have to do anything it takes, its a tough market right now

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I'm in no real hurry to sell. If the car had been up for sale for months maybe i'd think about it, but I've had a few calls, with one guy coming tonight & one coming tomorrow if its not sold.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
well just had the first guy come today & test the car, me thinks he likes it, but he's gonna test another two tomorrow, both from dealerships, so both will have some kind of warranty (but they are more expensive). it'll be interesting to see if he comes back to me.
But hopefully i'll still have the other guy test the car tomorrow. I hate this messing about, & i really hate selling her!

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
got a call from the bloke who was supposed to be coming today to say max he could offer was €1500, so he won't be test driving it, mind you at least he said that before taking the car for a spin!

21 - 40 of 48 Posts