Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....well times are tough, the wife has lost her job, & i'm not sure i can justify having a 2ltr 166 anymore, so i'm thinking the un-thinkable, selling the best ALfa i've ever owned.

If anyone's interested, she's a 2000 with 80k miles, belts done in Jan 10, NCT to Jan 12.

Nice full leather interior, couple of marks on bodywork (nothing strange for a 10 yr old though). Oil & filters changed in Jan & June of this year.

Not sure how much they go for, but if i could get €2k (ish) so i could buy a half decent smaller engined car.

e-mail is [email protected]

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Sorry to hear that :(

·
Administrator
87,747 Posts
Sorry to hear about that, hopefully you'll be back in an Alfa soon if you do have to sell it :)

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well was chatting to Mrs T, & told her about my plans to sell the 166, & i was told i wasn't selling the car that i love!!! am i married to a great woman or what!! so my love affair with the 166 continues...

·
Registered
13,001 Posts
Two good women in your household there , then again if it happened to me I'd be gone and the car would be kept :D

I think mark spouse first and car second in your case :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
I'm glad to hear you're keeping your car. Your wife sounds like a great lady! :)

We're in a similar position in our household when we've been thinking on and off to sell and run cheaper cars due to income cuts over the last 18 months :( But we both feel geez if you love cars and cant drive what you want what's the point in getting up in the morning.??!! Right? Probably not very financially savvy but fe*k it.

·
Administrator
87,747 Posts
well was chatting to Mrs T, & told her about my plans to sell the 166, & i was told i wasn't selling the car that i love!!! am i married to a great woman or what!! so my love affair with the 166 continues...
Result :thumbs:

·
Registered
313 Posts
Dont want to disapoint you
But women change their mind every min.
Dont fall for that:lol:
she is after something
Next time in town,She asks you to buy her an expensive dress
twice the price of your 166 :rolleyes:

Only jocking,,What a great wife

Happy for you:thumbs:

.. so my love affair with the 166 continues..:wow:. .... Keep it quiet:tut: She finds out,keeps the 166..you are out..:D

·
Registered
13,001 Posts
I just want them to take my wife , child and mortgage , all i need is a full tank of petrol :D happy day's !

·
Registered
4,623 Posts
That's excellent news :thumbs:

·
AO Silver Member
2,073 Posts
see us women do have common sense and are not all 'me me me' :D

:thumbs: well done Mrs Toby

D

·
0 Posts
Alfa's are bought with your heart not your head and are kept like that. Sure I wouldn't be spending any money on my 156 if I bought it with my head. Glad you are keeping it, it's a rare site to see a red 166.

·
Registered
13,001 Posts
see us women do have common sense and are not all 'me me me' :D

:thumbs: well done Mrs Toby
I Thought it was " I I I " but then again what would I know :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well guys in case you've not read it somewhere else, i've come to the conclusion that the 166 has to go, petrol, insurance & tax are simply too expensive when there's only one income in the house, so if anyone wants it feel free to make me an offer. Up on Carzone for €2200, but open to sensible offers

·
Registered
13,001 Posts
Needs must bud but hopefully youll be back one of these days , and you dont need an Alfa to stay here , dont be a stranger ok :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
been using the wife's Grande Punto (as she has a broken foot & can't drive) for a while-its dirt cheap to run! Took the 166 for a spin last night & boy oh boy will i miss that car!! But hey the market for 166 isn't exactly huge here so i reckon i won't be saying goodbye to the 166 anytime soon! Now just gotta find money for the road tax....

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
very odd, whenever i've put any car on Carzone, i've always gotten phone calls from other companies/websites trying to sell me space to advertise the car with them, but this time...nothing!! Its Great!! also i used to always accept e-mails as a reply to my ads, but i've chosen not to this time (yet) as the sheer number of scam e-mails was unreal!

·
Registered
955 Posts
very odd, whenever i've put any car on Carzone, i've always gotten phone calls from other companies/websites trying to sell me space to advertise the car with them, but this time...nothing!! Its Great!! also i used to always accept e-mails as a reply to my ads, but i've chosen not to this time (yet) as the sheer number of scam e-mails was unreal!
Think thats common enough with carzone and cbg, i've heard all sorts of mad stories, you try the usual donedeal, adverts, octane sites? Special cars need special websites, non alfa heads are afraid of alfas! GRRRRRRRRR

1 - 20 of 48 Posts