Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, had the Giulietta for about 9 months now. Most aspects of it have been great but the dashboard rattle seems to have gone supernova in the last few weeks, specifically the driver side panel next to the speaker when the door is closed.
I've read stuff on here about other spots - behind the stereo, behind the dials etc but not sure I've seen the panel opposite the speaker.

Anyone got any tips or the golden answer to sort this - it's driving me nuts!

Thanks

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Is it still under warranty? Just got mine back after 2 days in the dealership workshop dealing with dash rattles.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I've tried every conceivable attempt at home to try to fix my dash rattles. I suffer with the one behind the glove box that goes away when you push on the air vent on top of the dash.
I did however have a door rattle coming from the top speaker on the passenger side. I popped off the trim and put cloth tape under it and it sorted it.
My main dash rattle however requires the car to be warm and the stereo turned up to minimise the annoyance.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I had a rattle on my dash, had to take up the vent cover and shove a load of padded double sided sticky tape around. I also have a rattle coming from the cover that covers the OBDII port, the padded tape worked again but because it was white you could see it so i removed the tape and just left one of the cover clips out ever so slightly.

Theres a fix for every rattle I think, just takes some exploration and effort on the drivers part I think.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Picked up our new 2016 Collezione on the 2nd. After two weeks of peaceful driving, hit some awful road surfaces with the 18" wheels. Driver's side started to zizz followed by a duet from the near side. Dealer is a round trip of 180 miles away. I am disgusted that, along with the lousy Uconnect Satnav, they haven't solved this at the factory in six years. Has anyone got pictures of trim removal around the dashboard ends? If I press upwards on the lower dash this closes up the joint with the upper trim (where I can see some rubber seal) and it stops the rattle- until I hit a speed bump and off we go again.
One plus on the new car is the super smooth manual gearchange after all the early woes. So Alfa discontinued it on the 170MA......

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for info all - not in warranty by a stretch so it looks like I'll have to invest in some padded tape. It's the panel to the right of the steering column vibrating against the door speaker that's causing the biggest problem I think, if I push my hand in the gap it stops. Although it's by no means the only one, couple of the roundabouts on the way to work always bring about a rattle further up near the windscreen that doesn't seem to happen during normal driving. Unfortunately I struggle to block it out!

·
Registered
439 Posts
Thanks for info all - not in warranty by a stretch so it looks like I'll have to invest in some padded tape. It's the panel to the right of the steering column vibrating against the door speaker that's causing the biggest problem I think, if I push my hand in the gap it stops. Although it's by no means the only one, couple of the roundabouts on the way to work always bring about a rattle further up near the windscreen that doesn't seem to happen during normal driving. Unfortunately I struggle to block it out!
Removed the plastic part below the steering wheel to track down the zizz. The plastic is the quality of supermarket food packaging. The plastic pegs fit into cheap tin clips, so I covered those with insulating tape. Removed the two torx screws to release the end cover by the tweeter and used self adhesive felt (the sort you put on the base of pottery)where the end cover meets the honeycomb end of the dash. Refitted the two panels and went for a Dynamic squirt over the worst roads I could find. Not a squeak. I just hope this solves it!

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
The solution to all rattles....Bose upgrade. Can't hear anything else!

Reactions: aureol40012

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Got my dash rattle fixed now, under warranty. However, it came back with a new rattle in the window. FFS........

·
Registered
231 Posts
Got mine fixed aswell. Took monza 1 morning. And two other dealers are still scratching their heads.

But like you now my dash rattle has gone I can hear a new one in the door card. Im 100% sure it's the connector to the window buttons tapping away.
Got to love these cars.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Sorry? Can't hear you. Got the bose turned up to 20!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Hi there mate I also have this rattle in between the door speaker and driver side dash did you ever get round to fixing it?

Attachments

·
Registered
236 Posts
My rattle is more like a vibration coming from above the dash near the windscreen I think. This happens when I accelerate. Worse, when it's uphill. Out of warranty now. Had 2 lots of grommits fitted at 2 different times. Typically, the vibration/rattle has come back after my warranty finished.
Anyone had a similar problem?.

·
Registered
38,678 Posts
I have a couple of rattles from the top of the dash, but the worst one is from under the back of the passenger seat.

It sounds like a woodpecker and drives me ma, but seems to be temperature dependent.

I know where it is coming from but I still haven't managed a sucessful fix. I will end up taking the seat out and tightening the seat runners.

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
2 things that irk my about this car are the dash rattles and crap stock stereo, the sound quality is awful. A real drop in quality of the 159 system.

·
Registered
36,764 Posts
It's the speakers apparently. Generic £1.50 each door type things. Head unit is good with decent speakers according to the thread on the subject. Same size speakers as Astra.

·
Registered
38,678 Posts
The speakers are fine as long as you don't like a bit of Bass.

·
Registered
36,764 Posts
"2 things that irk my about this car are the dash rattles and crap stock stereo"
That kind of comment irks me!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts