Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
37,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me "I'll give her a treat and decorate the dining room ready for TDWSNMUD. That's 3 tins of paint for the walls and one for the woodwork - under a ton, job done"

Herself "The new curtains are too much at £751 so we can get the ready made ones for £178, the new poll is only £20 so it's a bargain. You will have to get rid of the old curtain rail 'cos I'm not having that on the wall. The neighbours used a bloke to skim the ceiling as I'm not having that artex stuff, he's here on Saturday to price the job, only £100. Oh, and I have ordered the carpet to be delivered the week before TDWSNMUD but we can can bring if forward if you have finished before then, I'm not having that smelly old carpet in my nice new dining room, and they will fit the carpet for the downstairs loo at the same time so it is a bargain at £480. Have you finished decorating yet? Can I tell them to come early?"

Anyone looking for a lodger :confused:

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
£751 for curtains!? :eek: :tut: :wow:

·
Registered
37,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
£751 for curtains!? :eek: :tut: :wow:
I know. Credit where it is due she did bin off both lots of custom made jobs in favour of ready made. However, there is an ulterior motive - the dining room has one window of 96" width and 78" height - £751 custom fit.

The living room has that window at one end, and at the other......

......patio doors. Floor to ceiling and nearly the whole 12' width of the room. We will not be able to get them ready made. Just thinking how much that might cost makes me :vomit:

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Up for rent. 1 large double bedroom and private bathroom, Share living area and kitchen, large parking area out back, Alfa friendly landlord

£200 PCM + bills

;)

·
Registered
17,564 Posts
I thought you were actually asking what the difference was? To which I'd reply "t*ts, hips and hormones". Seeing as you weren't, I'll say that I want the house to look good for TDWSNMUD but it's up to me to decorate.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
I know. Credit where it is due she did bin off both lots of custom made jobs in favour of ready made. However, there is an ulterior motive - the dining room has one window of 96" width and 78" height - £751 custom fit.

The living room has that window at one end, and at the other......

......patio doors. Floor to ceiling and nearly the whole 12' width of the room. We will not be able to get them ready made. Just thinking how much that might cost makes me :vomit:

I just kitted out a lounge / diner which has patio doors / massive windows at each end. Got custom made, fully lined curtains from Dunelm Mill for £550 all in. i.e. Two large pairs of curtains. Quality is good and this was by no means their cheapest offering. :thumbs:

·
Administrator
23,037 Posts
£100 to skim the ceiling and fitted carpet for £480 - sounds like a bargain to me.

Artex - had it in the last house - a hideous, cheap (looking) and nasty way of "hiding" joins in plasterboard. A nice smooth ceiling looks sooooo much better.

·
Registered
9,490 Posts
I'm guessing the The Day That Shall Not (Be) Mentioned Until December........which could be 25 December........:lol:

·
Registered
17,798 Posts
I've lived in my home for about 7 months, and we have barely looked at the interior until recently

We need curtains. (400 year old drafty cottage)

I want beautiful matching curtains, new rails, luxurious fabric...

He wants something yesterday, even cast offs will do

:cry:

·
Registered
37,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I want beautiful matching curtains, new rails, luxurious fabric...

He wants something yesterday, even cast offs will do

:cry:
But if you go and get new, expensive, yada yada yada curtains then all they will do is make the rest of the room look shabby. Need to get him* to redecorate first ;)

*Sorry Mr Anj :lol:

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
:confused: Everybody miss the fact Keithy has carpet in the downstairs loo ?

I hope you got good aim ? :lol:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts