Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have often said that my Aunty - my Zia - was the source of the milk of human kindness.

After arriving in the UK, she spent 30 years in healthcare, tending to the needs of the unwell.

It sounds trite, but her kindness, her warmth, her affection, was off the scale. It might be worth re-reading that former sentence again, because I can't stress enough just how lovely and kind she was. She had a way with words that always bordered on profound, and her optimism, love, strength and kindness, was epic.

It is my belief that, in life, you meet 'landmark' people; those people who are so significant, so influential, that you never forget them. My Zia was one of them. Not just to me, but to all of the thousands of people she gave treatment and words of comfort to.

Her service this week was deeply sad, poignant, yet worthy of who she was. In the church, you are - rightly or wrongly - suffocated by the clutches of Catholicism, and its rituals. But you're also enriched by the stories told by those whose lives she touched and inspired.

And it makes you reflect a bit, and learn a lot.

We can't touch as many people as she did, but I'd like to learn from her example.

It's kindness that fixes things. Not hate, or anger, or being selfish. Kindness.

"You should always be kind, because everyone is fighting a battle."

·
Registered
11,445 Posts
Thanks for posting this - reminds me of my aunt (avevo anch'io una zia cosi gentile!)
I know you won't forget her or what she stood for:)

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
grazie mille, Chris and Annabella :)

·
Administrator
23,040 Posts
Wonderful Scud.
One can learn by example and try to emulate. I have my own family role model and try to practice what I learned from them - but, I suspect, like you I do not always succeed. However the inspiration is still there and I will strive to carry on the tradition.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts