Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
14,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chrishendrix reply to my Dark Star thread thanking me for the reminder go me thinking that maybe we could have a cult movie thread. For those slightly out there films that we sometimes forget.

Dark Star is the beginner.

Dark Star (1974) - IMDb

I will add:

Man Bites Dog

C'est arrivé près de chez vous (1992) - IMDb

This one is really dark and satirical but still has lots to say about our modern celebrity culture.

·
Registered
11,464 Posts
Chrishendrix reply to my Dark Star thread thanking me for the reminder go me thinking that maybe we could have a cult movie thread. For those slightly out there films that we sometimes forget.

Dark Star is the beginner.

Dark Star (1974) - IMDb

I will add:

Man Bites Dog

C'est arrivé près de chez vous (1992) - IMDb

This one is really dark and satirical but still has lots to say about our modern celebrity culture.
Good idea!

Ok I'll start with the ones I already mentioned in that thread

Performance
Fritz the cat
Pink flamingos
Female trouble

·
Registered
14,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
I'd add some good old war films.

The Bridge on the River Kwai, and The Guns of Naverone :thumbs:

P

·
0 Posts
Anything by John Waters,

Anything by David Lynch

Anything by Frederico Fellinii

Anything by the Coen Brothers

Jim Jarmusch does some goodies

·
Registered
14,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Silent Running - They just released a remastered version on BluRay, I have it upstairs, just waiting for therijt time to watch it.

Scott, Brotherhood of the Wolf is a cracking film, martial arts, monsters and 17th century France what a mash up :thumbs: have you seen Chrstophe Gans live action version of Crying Freeman, worth it for Dacascos martial artistry alone.

·
Premium Member
77,377 Posts
silent running - they just released a remastered version on bluray, i have it upstairs, just waiting for therijt time to watch it.

Scott, brotherhood of the wolf is a cracking film, martial arts, monsters and 17th century france what a mash up :thumbs: Have you seen chrstophe gans live action version of crying freeman, worth it for dacascos martial artistry alone.
+1

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
Silent Running - They just released a remastered version on BluRay, I have it upstairs, just waiting for therijt time to watch it.

Scott, Brotherhood of the Wolf is a cracking film, martial arts, monsters and 17th century France what a mash up :thumbs: have you seen Chrstophe Gans live action version of Crying Freeman, worth it for Dacascos martial artistry alone.
i have silent running, i love that film, was sad when one of the little robots died....hughey duey or louey, and yes i know it wasnt real :cheese:

·
Registered
22,760 Posts
Would have put the odd adventures on the Valley Forge in, but I used my Cult Sci-Fi flicks allowance earlier.

Plus why doesn't Bruce Dern realise the plants are dying the further he gets away from the Sun!!

·
Registered
11,464 Posts
Yes, Silent Running!
That's the one I saw on a double bill with Dark Star late night at the Paris Pullman way back in the mists of time :lol:

*added to my rental list* :thumbs:

1 - 20 of 105 Posts