Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 488 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Quoting from FEB2012 edition of "Classic Cars" Magazine, page 13:

FIA SAYS YES TO GROUP B HISTORIC RALLY CARS

The FIA created a new Category 4 for the spectacular Period J1 (1982 - 1985 ) cars, excluding the cars banned in 1986.

This category includes cars frm Ford Escords to Lancia 037 such as Renault 5 Turbo, AUDI QUATTRO, OPEL ASCONA & MANTA400, but does not include the monsters of 1986, like the Lancia S4, AUDI QUATTRO S2 etc.

The new 12-round championship starts with the Rally de Espana Historico on March 8-10. See Federation Internationale de l'Automobile for the full calander :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We have to ctc CAA and offer help if they need. Am calling Andreas Isaias later on today, and will revert.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It looks that if we wish to see these cars rallying, we need to buy tickets and travel to Europe. There is no chance fr the time being to see them in Cyprus, because for each event included in the international calendar FIA gets huge royalties, which will not be recoverable in case we try to bring this race in Cyprus.....:cry: :cry:

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Well! Didn't have any hopes for that!
Thank you Pavlo for asking.
Unfortunatelly, Fipa, doesn't have much resources and power to organize such events.
I consider our selves lucky that at least those few people who work for Fipa (like Mr Isaias) are very loyal and commited to their job as good as they can.

How good you know Mr Isaias Pavlo? (i know Nicolas also knows him)
How about we invite him to our Vasilopita event?
We can discuss with him some ideas of participating to some Fipa events as Alfa Romeo club!!!

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know him since the eighties. No prblm to invite him, but lets think a bit before we do it, because I thing with wives and kids around the environment wnt be good fr such discussions. I wld suggest we talk between us on this during the vasilopitta event and we proceed accordingly.

In any case Andreas told me that these non-regularity events are organised by CAA directly and told me that Stelios is mainly handling them. He used to be my wifes classmate and I alsoknow him well. So I gave him a call and talked about it fr more than 1 hour . Unfortunately, the truth is that even fr big events that the ministry has approved funds fr sponsorship (like the IRC) the funds are not released yet, and the result is that even the prizes to the winners have not been paid yet. Very disappointing, having in mind the money they waste on football teams. Another fact is that out of the 3 times that they have tried to organise such event only 1 time there were participants frm abroad. The reason is because we are far frm Europe and the expenses fr the teams to come here are much higher than just pulling their trolleys across EU mainland. And that year was saccessful because the points of the leader teams in the championship were very close.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Orea pramat.....To ford GT40 prepi na tzino pou itan sto movie "lemans".

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Gia na marazosete tziallo, pics rcvd frm Torino Museum taken by a friend who travelled there:

Attachments

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
and some more.....

Attachments

1 - 20 of 488 Posts