Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the 164 saunters through its MOT apart from a directional tyres swapsie and all is well in the world. The revs have settled down, diagnosed as a loose temp sensor by Ian at Mobitech, but now my coolant seems to be going walkabouts.

The loss seems to be very minor, like 1/4 of the expansion tank a week under normal driving conditions.
I left the car for 2 days with a square of tarp to try and locate roughly where it was coming from but to no avail.

So what have I broken this time?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah its a 12v.
I can't test the heater as the fan gave up on me about a week after I bought it, plan to fix that after the warmth has left us.
There seems to plenty of pressure in the system and no signs of mayo anywhere.
All the hoses seem in fairly good condition which is why I thought I'd check on here.
Hopefully its just something stoopid that I'm missing but you never know.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I've traced the source to around the pump area, the reason for the lack of puddle seems to be that its collecting on the sub frame.
I would assume its not the pump itself being its the earlier metal impeller type so hopefully its something little (read cheap).

I'm going to have to wait a few days before I can get it on a ramp so I'll just top up as I go.
However the bonnet hinge decided it would be HILARIOUS if it spat its pin out leading to much joy fighting the hydraulic rams to get the thing back in position and lock.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.